Hello Everyone

Hello,

I am very new to Dollhouse building. I have always loved miniatures, but have never thought to build a house. I am very excited to get started. I am a teacher and with summer break just starting I will be able to dive in soon. :w00t:

I look forward to chatting with ya'll and sharing any tips that we aquire along the way!

Anne

Welcome to our "little" internet family, Anne. Yoou are certainly entering what has become a mini addiction for many members (of course I'm not addicted, I can take or leave minis any time I want...NOT!!!).

Which kit will you build? Or are you a "scratch" builder? I started out building a "scratch" dh with DH for our eldest granddaughter and then I found her a San Franciscan kit and after that I thought, I haven't had a dh in nearly 40 years, and THAT got me hooked so I've built another kit or two and on the way found out I enjoy making a couple of the things that go into them.

Take your time to read the forum, there's a lot of good info amongst the bells, whistles & occasional silliness, and you're welcome to join in all the fun. Once school starts back up you know you can still work on minis in the evenings and on weekends & holidays. I'm a retired elementary school nurse and I stitched mini-rugs when the clinic was quiet and I had finished my paperwork & had no health classes to teach.

Welcome to the forum!

so glad you found us. have you decided on a house yet?

so many to choose from! summer vacation is more than enough time to get such an adventure well on its way! I look forward to seeing your progress!

nutti :w00t:

hello, and welcome!

it's nice to meet you and see you're excited abt the hobby. it's fun!

looking forward t hearing more abt you and your projects.

:w00t:

Hi and welcome - glad you've found us. Building miniature dollhouses is one hobby that I'm deliriously happy to have become addicted. There's so much information and support here.

-Susanne

I am also a teacher. I am always ecited to spend more time on my minis in the summer. Like havannaholly, I do some stitching during the school year. However, not at school because I am sure that it does not cover any state standards!

Hi and :banana: Anne!! What do you teach? I was a high school math teacher before I got married. We decided teaching would be too time consuming for me to keep up with other things and hope to have children soon so I can be a stay-at-home mom.

Have you decided which house you are going to build?

Enjoy!!

:banana:

:banana: Wow,

Thank you all for so many welcomes!

I am so excited! I am a HUGE history freak, and Colonial---Revolutionary War times. I was l lucky enought to spend a week in Williamsburg on Scholorship two summers ago. I was able to see the "behind the scenes" stuff about how they costume the characters to the paint they choose for the houses. All based on research that is on going. So I chose a colonial style house..the Willow (corona concepts). :banana:

I teach fifth graders and our history lessons are from early exploration to reconstruction...so this stuff is right up my alley! I also have only been married about a year...June 22 (1st anniversary). My Husband has two children from another marriage, and I want to be able to do things with our daughter...it will help us bond...she is going to be my style consultant on this first house, then we will do another together.

Well now that I have gone on and on...which is a habit of mine...I need to make like a tree and leaf :banana:

Chat at ya later

Anne

Hi Anne, and welcome to our motley crew!

Hearing your plans for a Colonial house has got me excited, too. You're one post away from being able to open a gallery here. It will be great fun to watch you as you build your Willow - I hope you will post many in-progress pics.

How old is your daughter? I take it the other child is male (I'm psychic, you know). He may develop an interest in miniatures also - there are a large number of very talented male members here!

:cheer:

Hey, Thank you all for the welcomes again! Let's just say my little mind has been racing about 100omiles an hour with all the ideas I think of and the research that I have done to get ready for the build!

I will absolutely share the my building pictures as I go...that's some of the fun :cheer:

I went on a shopping spee today just to get some of the basics to start....I am gonna do some dry fitting as soon a possible...

My daughter just turned 12 in May and my Son will be 15 in July....he and his Dad is totaly into on-line gaming...so musch so, I have to check to see if they have eaten on any given day. :cheer: He will probably like the building aspect, but beyond that I am not sure.

Well my daughter and I are gonna paint a jewlery box.

Chat with ya later! :congrats: