New Platinum Memeber Benifit

Platinum Members can now change their own screen name! By using your control panel, you can change your screen name once every 30 days. Please make an announcement in this forum after any changes so everyone can keep track of who's who!

Thanks!

Dean

NOTE: This does not change the name you use when logging in to the the forum

Please make an announcement in this forum after any changes so everyone can keep track of who's who!

It might be more fun to not announce and make everyone guess. :lol:

Yes, I'm with Wendy, too.

I think this will complicate things. We need to know who's who so we can look up blogs & galleries etc.

Plus, it's plain nice to know who you're 'speaking' to!

Jackie

When someone changes their screen name, it happens seamlessly through out our community. The new name will appear in

the blog list, gallery, comments, friends list and saved PMs.

I wouldn't expect anyone to change their name monthly, but it is the only way I could configure it. This is something we've done manually in the past and I figured their might be more people interested in doing so, but didn't want to bother approaching one of the moderators. Sometimes people make a hasty decision during registration or just use a name they can remember when logging in... I just wanted to present an option.

Thanks,

DEAN=the_man-2007

My old screen name (joking)

When someone changes their screen name, it happens seamlessly through out our community. The new name will appear in

the blog list, gallery, comments, friends list and saved PMs.

I wouldn't expect anyone to change their name monthly, but it is the only way I could configure it. This is something we've done manually in the past and I figured their might be more people interested in doing so, but didn't want to bother approaching one of the moderators. Sometimes people make a hasty decision during registration or just use a name they can remember when logging in... I just wanted to present an option.

Thanks,

DEAN=the_man-2007

My old screen name (joking)

Ah, I see the reasoning behind it now, 'Brad'. And we'll still be able to nosey through blogs & galleries etc.

Fair enough :huh:

Gal-whippet. :yes: Going undercover, turning up collar of raincoat. Now what can I make a new passport out of?

• 2 years later...

I notice that this post is a few years old - but I was trying to change my name on my Avatar thing from 'alpangle' to my name 'Audra'

can this still be done??

• 1 month later...

Its nice to have control for the very reason sometimes you make up a quick screen name and later decide its ok for people know your name I know I spelled mine funny because usually my own name is taken by some other Roxy.

Thanks Dean!

• 3 weeks later...
I notice that this post is a few years old - but I was trying to change my name on my Avatar thing from 'alpangle' to my name 'Audra'

can this still be done??

Well, it's nice that somebody was checking the date at the top! Silly me, I thought this was a new message! :popcorn: I hope most folks don't change their screen names; it has taken me quite awhile to get to "know" people!

Testing

er no, that didn't work.

Thought if I changed my name in my profile from Jo Med to Jo - but I'm still Jo Med

Looks like you did the same thing I did. I can't figure it out

Back when I first joined, I had a problem that needed correction.

I contacted Minis on the Edge, and she assisted me with that.

It was done in a jiffy. I was a newbie so didn't have platinum status.

Hm-m-m-m ... Still don't - need to lurk less and post more I guess.

So, if you really want or need it changed, I'd suggest contacting her.