New girl on the block....

I've been playing with miniatures since my first doll house when I was about 7 (one of the metal ones that were so popular in the 50's). In 1973, I built a to-scale dollhouse and furniture for my older daughter (age 10 at that time). I also built one for the younger daughter as well when she was 8. It wasn't quite as fancy as the first one since she was younger. My passion has grown over the years and I continue to go to as many of the dollhouse shows as I can. I've been in South Carolina for the past 20 years and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be as much interest here as there was in Atlanta. I love looking at all of your galleries and enjoy reading the posts. I have an Orchid that I am slowly putting together and will post pictures when I get it beyond the "in the box" stage. I also posted a "mystery house" in the "everyone else" section and would appreciate any help in identifying you can give. I'm really looking forward to participating as much as I can. Hmmmmm....perhaps I should change my name to "Chatty Elicia"....

Elicia

Southern Belle Procrastinator

Welcome again, Elicia!

There are several Orchids in our gallery
and there are TWO building blogs, too. I made mine into the USA General Store (subtitled "the American Dream").

Where in SC are you? We lived for a few years in Union, SC (20+ years before Susan Smith, y'all!), and our DS#1 & his family now live in Charleston.

havanaholly, I enjoyed looking at your gallery....I moved to Columbia in the early 80's from Atlanta (boy, do I still miss Atlanta) and moved to Charleston shortly thereafter. I was there for about 15 years and am now back in Columbia.

Welcome to our little community. We love see new mini addicts! Can't wait to see your Orchid. I loved building my two.

Hello and welcome. I live only about 45 miles south of Atlanta. I haven't found anyone else to play minis with around here.

Welcome, Elicia! One more post to go, and you can open a gallery! Do you have any pics of the dollhouses that you built for your girls? Looking forward to seeing Orchid pics soon.

Welcome to the forum!

we are all mad about photos so I do hope you will share some of yours with us!

the Orchid is a sweet little house. I hope you enjoy building yours as much as I enjoyed building mine!

glad you found us!

nutti :wub:

Thanks for all your warm welcomes...I'll have to look up the pictures of the girl's dolhouses to post...the younger one still has hers (it's 13 years old now) whereas the older girl in one of her many moves left hers behind with a friend and it disappeared (I have been searching for years to no avail)...Thanks again...I'll be checking out everyone galleries...this is sooooo exciting....

Elicia

Southern Belle Procrastinator

welcome, I am new also. I just ordered my first doll house which is the orchid. It is supposed to be here on the 17th but, I will not start to the end of the month as I have finals exams the next two weeks. I like Georgia I was in Athens for a short period of time. I am from california and I couldn't get over how nice everyone was. Everyone here is equally as nice and they have been patiently answering all my questions. I am sure they will do the same for you! Welcome again!

Arda :banana:

I remember Columbia vaguely, we haven't been there since 1972.

It still looks about the same, just busier. The I-26 and I-20 exchange is more dangerous than ever.

Hi Elicia, welcome to the neighborhood. I live in Spartanburg, about 1 1/2 hrs. away.