Hello from Europe

I just heard today that our first house is coming home. We bought the Garfield kit as a gift for my kidsister, but I think it will turn out to be a very long project for the entire family.

Most likely I'll be here often looking for help and asking questions once the kit actually reaches Finland. Four to six weeks until that happens, though.

I've been really impressed by the pictures and projects posted on the forum. Hope our house will one day be presentable...

Welcome to the forum, Riikka, we have another member, SusannaT, from Finland, too. The Garfield is a nice, big enough house that your whole family can find something to do with & for it.

Hi and Welcome to the Forum! I just purchased a Garfield as well! I made a smaller and less complicated house many years ago, and always wanted to do something more complicated. Well, I got my wish! I didn't start out according to the Greenleaf directions and this may or may not be a problem! I was facing major surgery and wanted to work on the Garfield during recovery so my daughter (24 years old) and I worked at punching out all pieces, marking them with sheet number and other indicators and putting them each in their own manilla envelopes according to sheet. This was so I would be able to start work on the house during my recovery when I wouldn't be very strong. It's been three weeks since my surgery and I hope to start my work on the house this week, maybe even today. Sitting up has been a problem hence my delay in starting. Up until now I have only been able to sit up once or twice a day for about 15 to 20 minutes, but I am getting better by the day! Before my surgery I cleared my dining table and covered with cardboard paper and gathered supplies. What I have been doing since surgery is reading lots of stuff on making these dollhouses and highly recommend you consider purchasing small book on electrification if you wish to light your dollhouse. This may determine whether you wallpaper first or last. Other than that I am a total newby!! And am a little nervous at making the first start! I really don't know why but I just keep thinking about it and hesitating! :ohyeah: Should be a really fun project though and hope you and your family really enjoy yours. I would love to hear about your progress. Maybe we'll be able to share thoughts! Sincerely, Sue

Welcome to the forum!

you have picked a wonderful house.

just wanted add that this house is HUGE....so it would be a good idea to measure the doors to see if it will go through after its built. other than that I hope you enjoy building it!

Happy Building

nutti :ohyeah:

Hi, Riikka, and welcome! You've picked a gorgeous house for your sister - after you make 5 posts, you can post pictures - which we would all love to see! I know, I know, weeks to wait until it arrives ... but while you're waiting, browse around the forum - you're bound to have questions, and before you know it - you've posted over 5 times, and you can start a photo gallery! (No pressure, though. :ohyeah: )

Hi from another country in Europe!

I also just started with the Garfield. It's a big project but it's worth it!

Suus :wave:

A very big welcome Riika to you from another part of Europe, the Netherlands!

You wil al have a great deal of fun together building this house, and please remember to use the best of woodglue, that is what really matters putting a house togehter,

Hello and welcome to the forum! Finland is a beautiful country! And you are making the Garfield. It's a beautiful house! I have one partiallyin the box......have the base put together, but stopped to work on the Pierce! The Garfield to me is the ultimate in dollhouse kits. Enjoy it! It is very elegant in design and absolutely stunning!

Wolfie