Hello All

Welcome to the forum, Elizabeth.

discuss my mini project. Would love to talk.
By now you may have noticed that no one here is shy about either option!

What are you building? Do you make miniatures? What 1:1 hobbies have you found that you've tried to scale down for minis?

HI Havanahollly, Well right now my main project is to sell my mothers very large house and most of the contents and then choose a smaller house to build. Space is my problem. I have done rugs and bedding in the past but nothing recent. I have neglected my beautiful house that I currently have due to time, but I am super excited to start playing again. That's why I'm here. Do you have any thoughts on how the best way to find a new home for my house. Should it be offered as a complete package or per piece? Any imput will be welcome. I know that I also need to get some pictures posted to get input

You'd not be able to directly sell your house here -- but you could put it up for sale on eBay, and then provide a link! :p

I personally think you'd get more for your stuff if you sold them separately -- the house, and then the contents. If you play on eBay a bit you can get a sense of what completed houses are selling for. Sometimes folks DO sell the house and contents, but it might take several rounds of sales for that to happen (several weeks of re-listing on eBay).

I've seen, too, that if you have some records of what the contents are -- like if they're "brand" furniture (Bespaq sells well, for example), it would be important to put that in your listing.

Then there is the matter of shipping -- completed houses cost *a lot* to ship, and are very fragile. Many folks in your situation sell the house with the understanding that the buyer would have to pick it up, or arrange themselves to ship it. Not a lot of buyers are willing, unless your house really is special.

Another thought: do you know about Craigslist? You could advertise it there, too. That's set up regionally, so folks in your area would see it. I've never tried buying or selling there, but several folks here have, with good success.

Once you've made several posts here - -I think the number is 5, might be a few more than that -- you'd be able to post pictures of your house, and folks could identify it for you, if you don't know for certain what kind of house it is. It seems important to have that information in your listing on eBay, too.

I'm relatively new to dollhouses, just 2 years, but already have 1 built from a kit, 1 rehabbed, 2 more to be rehabbed, and 2 kits....and counting... :ohyeah:

Ann, thank you so much for your reply. This is great info. I did check out ebay and did not see anything house wise that applied to my house (yes, you are correct, I don't know the name of my house) All of the websites i have checked....no luck, nothing is as big. Knowing what I do know about enthusiast, my guess is that not many people want a complete house, there's no fun in that, the fun is in creating and finding the special piece. The house is full of special things and most are artisan and name brand (mom spent my inheritance on this :p So ya, as soon as I can post some pix, I will. I just really look forward to getting ideas from the community about what you all think. Thank again, liz

Once you've made several posts here - -I think the number is 5, might be a few more than that -- you'd be able to post pictures of your house, and folks could identify it for you, if you don't know for certain what kind of house it is.

Yes, it is 5 posts that give you the "in" to post your pics in a gallery.

Welcome to the forum, Elizabeth! :p

HI Wolfie:

Your telling me :) Honestly, it is a gorgeous house, but you need a whole room to display it properly. I will take all the luck I can, because I want to just have a nice normal sized house to play with.

Liz