which house, which house? Help me obi wan!

Elsbeth

Help me Obi Wan GREENLEAF!

I am finishing up my glencroft and already thinking about the next house I build.

I've been going through the Greenleaf and Corona concept lines and can't figure out the best fit.

Can anyone suggest some houses to me?

As my realtor, I will want to share with you my specifics:

1 - Need a kitchen, diningroom, livingroom and front entry on the first floor.

2 - Must have plenty of windows

3- 2nd floor needs to have a landing/hallway.

4 - I'd like to do some victorian decor

Is the Willowcrest too small?

What about the Pierce?

Help!

(and thanks)

My personal choice would be:

1. The Garfield - only if you have the room! It has a magnificant front entry which can be expanded upon! When I build mine I envision sort of a Brooke Tucker entryway with fern planters on each side of the front door and half walls - you look over a half wall into the living room and walk around the corner into same.... The other half wall you look over into the dining room....and walk around the corner into same. Lovely! White brick covering those planters with some sort of trellis for the ferns and ivy to climb up...... Then again you face the stairway from the front doors, and what a greeting with a lovely settle awaiting your weary bones after a hard day at the office......LOL

2. The Pierce! Another pretty entryway go left into the living room, or go right into the dining room! The kitchen can be expanded upon. I'm thinking a nice scene off the end of the kitchen.......I filled in the door from the kitchen to the dining room so it's the 4th "invisible wall" that has the door to the dining room but also a lovely set of french doors "imaginary" leading to a pretty deck. I'm also putting another deck off the living room leading to the side yard. I might just bash a house I have in the basement - the Layafette - do do this......

Other than those two..... I'm not familiar with the Willowcrest as it was new when I stopped making dollhouses way back then. I had a wonderful Brookwood which came to an untimely end - falling off the end of the moving van and being hit by a car.....wow! Mr. Bear SquashYou All Flat! It had a beautiful great room and two decks, but no real dining room.....sigh......

Well folks, those are my thoughts! I'll be real quiet now....

Wolfie with a big smile on her snout!

Ohh Jenn, sounds like the perfect house would be the Jefferson. It has large hallways on the first and second floors and lots and lots of windows. It doesn't have a diningroom but the kitchen is huge and could be divided between a kitchen and a diningroom. The Willow would be my next choice.

Sounds like a wish list that the Beacon Hill could fill. It has the front entranceway, lovely hallways, and large windows. Most of the rooms have windows on 2 sides.

Let us know what house you decide on.

-Susanne

I also think the Beacon Hill would siut your needs. I've read everything I could about it, looked at 200 pics, and fell in love with Wenlaine's. Of course I purchased one from Ebay, and perhaps that prejudices my opinion. I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE!

Oh man, I want THEM ALL!

This will be a difficult decision.

I'm pouring over galleries and blogs now.

You can bet that I'll be here to dscuss flooring and roofs when I start on this next house - WHICHEVER it will be!

It's funny, I had switched to the thicker RGT houses, but now I LOVE the greenleaf windows and unique architectural features. I'm hooked. And I like how much lighter these houses are.

And much of that blame falls on you guys!

(thanks!)

Darth Vader voice: The Force is strong with this one. I think a Pierce should be in your future.

Uber Morlock voice: You have your answer, now go.

LOL, sooooo which one is top of the list for you right now???

Hugs

Personally, I like the Pierce, but it is the only one of these I have had. In one of the Dollhouses to Dreamhouses books they have two Pierces bashed together to make a huge mansion. That is an ultimate dream of mine. No matter what you choose I am sure you will be happy with it. Good luck!!

After much consideration and weighing of my current building skills...

I have decided to undertake the building of....

Drum roll please....

THE PIERCE

I like the Pierce's entry way and it's stairs.

But I also LOVE the beacon hill's stairway -absolutely beautiful - so I know I will have to build that one in the future.

I agreed with the Beaconphiles that the BH is everything I want and more, but I think The Pierce is a good warmup for the bigger house. It too seems to have a nice entry with distinct dining/living.

But wait - in going through all the blogs and galleries, I have become slightly obsessed with several houses, so I've come up with a cunning plan...

(at this point I am just insanely rambling about dollhouses, so pardon me - I'm still high from all the great photos I spent hours flipping thru last night)

Here's is my long range plan:

The McKinley (because I want something to put on the wall, and decorate for the holidays on a regular basis...you know, almost like a dollhouse calendar, lol!....and try out new miniatures before I put them into their semi-permanent exhibits.

The Pierce - because I like that it is a compact Garfield.

I'm actually considering building The Pierce and McKinley in tandem.

Then once those are done and I'm a better builder:

The Willow - because I know I want to do a colonial decor house (it has fireplaces on each side?).

The Beacon Hill - because I think completing a Beacon Hill is like finishing my masters in Dollhouse building. I MUST DO IT! I want to do it...and I think I can do it.

And I love the stairway. Photographing it would be so much fun.

And if I can ever find one: I aim to do a Willowcrest.

Ok - so I'll check back in with you all in about 10 years.

I am off to buy the Pierce and a McKinley right now.

woooo hooooooo!

And if I ever see an HBS sale again I am going to get that Beacon Hill and Willow.

Good grief - is anyone here surrounded by boxes of unbuilt houses?

I'm gonna do my best to build them. I just love looking at a box of potential dollhouse joy.

Thanks everybody!

surely you jest??? :)

there are a couple of threads around here devoted to the houses hidden/stored in closets, shelves and under the bed. I myself have at least 6 waiting to be built. :huh:

its an obsession which we want noo cure from!

welcome to building!

nutti :p

BTW I think you made some nice choices! I look forward to seeing your houses rise from their boxes to homes!

Houses in boxes, houses half way done (when the heck are those contractors coming back??), glue on your arms, sawdust in your hair, paint on your nose....Yes you are going to have fun.

Oh heavens, I'm trying to reorganize the project room, since I just kind of shoved stuff "wherever" when we moved in... and I'm shocked by the number of boxes of unbuilt houses in the closet. I have a thing for out-of-production houses in half-scale, so I have to grab 'em when I see 'em.

PIERCE is a great move for your next build -- it should provide just what you want, and you can always want other things later.

LOL, sooooo which one is top of the list for you right now???

Hugs

I just ordered a Pierce from the 50% off sale. The pics from the Ebay auction of the built but unfinished Pierce convinced me, looks like it goes together really well.

I was about to suggest the McKinley or the Willow :shaun: That Mckinley is a WONDERFUL house! I LOVE it because it lends more to my imagination (I can't see where the stairs lead too and that hallway in the center upstairs must go somewhere special!

:dunno:

Drum roll please....

THE PIERCE

congrats! that will be a lovely house!!

...and YES!!!!! we are surrounded. we are also surrounded by partially built houses. i have 9 underway, in various stages of construction :shaun: