My FedEx guy thinks I'm strange!!

Tams

I was doing a dance today when the FedEx guy brought my Houseboat, Sugarplum and a few other goodies to me! Am going to start my Sugarplum (Irish Cottage) tonight. I'm so thrilled!!!!

I'm sure all the delivery people have a self help group they go to when it comes to delivering minis to mini-holics! :wave:

Congratulations on your purchases! Can't wait to see your progress!!

We're good friends with our delivery guys, too! :wave: When we first moved in here, our old house had burned out, so we were ordering TONS of stuff to decorate our new house..and the delivery guys would pass each other in the driveway! :thumb:

Nowadays it's not quite so hectic, but we both do lots of catalog shopping, not just for minis! :)

i've got a good rapport with my delivery guys at work. especially my UPS guy but i see them all daily. UPS, FedEx, DHL... the postman worries me some though... i've donned him Oscar the Grouch 'cause he's always grumpin about something! i constantly have to remind him that it keeps him in a job and he has the benefit of enjoyin the wonderful weather when we have it.

Congratulations on the Houseboat and Sugarplum! What fun you're about to have.

Today Fedex dropped off a present I bought for Ray. It's a handsfree magnifier and light on a stand. I thought it would be easier on his eyes when he's installing my dollhouse electrical. :wave: Fedex delivery guy was very nice and was quite interested in the Beacon Hill.

He's pleased with it and already has it set up on our worktable.

-Susanne

Congratulations on the Houseboat and Sugarplum! What fun you're about to have.

Today Fedex dropped off a present I bought for Ray. It's a handsfree magnifier and light on a stand. I thought it would be easier on his eyes when he's installing my dollhouse electrical. :wave: Fedex delivery guy was very nice and was quite interested in the Beacon Hill.

He's pleased with it and already has it set up on our worktable.

-Susanne

After he's used it a few times, let me know if it works well, I've thought about one of those, but they also look combersome.

Fed Ex,UPS and my postman are always so nice about delivering things right inside my door.

we have a small entrance area before the house door and i always find my things waiting for me there.

they all know I dont go out much....when a really heavy box comes they always knock...because they know Im waiting for it!

if they think Im weird they hide it well with their courteous deliveries!

nutti :wave:

I was doing a dance today when the FedEx guy brought my Houseboat, Sugarplum and a few other goodies to me!

Oh, I can't tell you how many times I have done weird stuff like that and people stare and point and laugh and who knows what else. Luckily, I learned awhile ago not to care (otherwise I'd be worried A LOT!). So I say you keep dancing like no one is watching (even though they are).

I've known the UPS man who delivers to me...knew him when I worked....he would always ask for me to come and sign for the delivery.....FedX and DHL they are real nice also.....the one lady our kids went to school together and she comes in and looks at my Dollhouses.....or whatever I'm working on......

I'm wierd too! When my first Ebay shipment of dollhouse dishes arrived from the UK to Canada, I couln't contain my excitment as it only took 4 days. The guy said "guess they don't row boats anymore", and we both laughed ourselves silly!

FedEx and UPS both use the "drop and run" method around here and most of the time, they don't even ring the doorbell. I just know to watch the tracking sites so I know when things will be delivered and then keep checking the front porch about once an hour till I find it.

My postal carrier is a different story tho. When I ordered a table saw for Bruce for xmas, the postal carrier not only brought it to the door and rang the doorbell, but because it was so heavy, he brought it inside and hid it in the hall closet for me. What a nice guy!

Deb

Ahhh, the delivering persons...

Actually, whenever I get a box from abroad that is delivered by an other carrier than the regular postal system it is different guys (mostly) that brings it here, as they want a signature we have it dropped of at hubby's work if they ring before hand which they usually do. Then hubby usually mails me telling me that he now "has" the box... and my heart goes skippety-skip and I can't wait to get home and get him home as well LOL so I do the happy "box" dance when he gets home and he rolls his eyes at me and bring out the trays I like to put everything on so that I can carry the items around with me in the house.

If I know something is coming in the regular mail I will usually start stalking the mailman LOL and he is a pretty funny (not to mention good-legged which is a bonus LOL :) ) guy so he knows that I am awaiting something and will say a little something about "not here just yet" or the likes... And he is very happy to deliver tha packet of goodies when it does arrive though and will ask about what I am going to do with this that or whatever and show a general interest.

Nice fellow indeed!

So no, I think it is veeery normal doing the happy "It arrived :thumb: dance" and feel sorry for those who hasn't experienced it themselves :wave:

Hugs

Last time I saw one of our mailmen (we have at least two different ones) he asked me the best place to leave a package for me since we have a front door and a side door (and two back doors and another side door he doesn't know about). I told him either one was fine, but thought it was great he cared enough to ask. I find it depends on who delivers a package because we find them at both doors. Luckily both are very visible from the driveway so it catches our eye if there is one there. We use the back door most of the time. I find them all to be friendly if I see them. Most of them just leave the package at one of the doors and occasionally ring the doorbell so I know they dropped something off.

I was amazed at my sister's UPS guy though. She had a package he left stolen from her porch and had to report it. He came to talk to her when she had her surgery so he got me. She had to fill out a form for him. He asked if it would help if he called her since he felt so bad about her not getting her package. I had to explain to him that if he called he would still get me since she had her tonsils out and wasn't talking to anyone, but thanked him for the thought. We then discussed a better place to leave packages than the front door. He was really, really sweet though. She mentioned to me there have been times when she has chased him down about packages too. :wave: So I'm not sure she is the nicest customer, but she said they were friendly.

Last time I saw one of our mailmen (we have at least two different ones) he asked me the best place to leave a package for me since we have a front door and a side door (and two back doors and another side door he doesn't know about). I told him either one was fine, but thought it was great he cared enough to ask. I find it depends on who delivers a package because we find them at both doors. Luckily both are very visible from the driveway so it catches our eye if there is one there. We use the back door most of the time. I find them all to be friendly if I see them. Most of them just leave the package at one of the doors and occasionally ring the doorbell so I know they dropped something off.

I was amazed at my sister's UPS guy though. She had a package he left stolen from her porch and had to report it. He came to talk to her when she had her surgery so he got me. She had to fill out a form for him. He asked if it would help if he called her since he felt so bad about her not getting her package. I had to explain to him that if he called he would still get me since she had her tonsils out and wasn't talking to anyone, but thanked him for the thought. We then discussed a better place to leave packages than the front door. He was really, really sweet though. She mentioned to me there have been times when she has chased him down about packages too. :wave: So I'm not sure she is the nicest customer, but she said they were friendly.

My mail lady is great. She's kinda new and at first, she was obviously curious about the packages I was receiving. Knowing personally the effects of curiousity, I explained what they were. Now, when she brings me a package, she asks me what it is, what project I'm working on now, etc. She is so nice.

This FedEx guy was very nice, but the look on his face was saying "it's only a couple boxes, what is the big deal? this lady is out-of-her-mind"

Don't feel bad! The whole town of Seeley Lake thinks I am strange. Why? Well, I don't quilt. I don't knit. I don't crochet.....I "play" with dolls and dollhouses! As for the post office, they think I am very strange.....I get lots of mail and send lots of mail.......

Wolfie