First Try

TinyJudi

Great Job Judi

I think if I tried to roll fimo out that thin I'd just smush it and then it would just go into my misc bag.

If you don't mind me asking... Do you make the stems and cook them then add the flowers or something. I know some people make the petals and precook them then add more on afterwards because it gives you a strong base or starting point.

Thank you all for the kind words. I got the idea from looking through my vast collection of flower pictures. I do this often, trying to figure out how to make them mini and out of clay. It is sooooo simple. Here is what I did. I used Sculpey clay, I assume Fimo would work the same. I just took a small amount and rolled it between my finger and thumb, shaping it into a cone. This is done by rolling the bottom area of the clay but not the top. Then, I just took a toothpick and made the hole. I twirled the toothpick a bit to get a nicer look. If you try it, you'll see what I mean. Then, I took a bit of yellow clay and mixed it with a larger amount of dark green to get the color I have. No real measuring, just went with the end result. I used floral wire for the stem and wrapped it with the clay, rolling it until it looked the right size. Then I made some tight green buds to go at the top. After baking...I baked for 5 minutes at 225 degrees... I glued each 'bell' on individually. I use super glue to attach them. I started with the green buds and put one on each side of the wire and one in the middle. Just follow the pattern down the stem. One on of the flower stems, I added a couple additional 'bells' to fill it out. Like I said....sooooo simple. It sure was fun too!!