harrison # 2

ilovecats

My coworker mentioned that she saw a local newspaper internet add for a dollhouse kit this past weekend....for 30 dollars. She said it was a large dollhouse kit. She tried to pull up the add to show me yesterday, but could not find it. We did however find a Washington kit for 20 dollars...i put in a call on that one. The person is s'posed to call me back tonight about it. Today when i was at work..just out of curiosity i thought i'd try to find the other kit. I found it!! it was the Harrison! I could not pass up that deal! I was scheduled to leave work today at noon, so instead of running errands i ran to Salt Lake City to pick up the kit! I just went thru the box, i didn't inventory, but it looks like everything is probably there! It's an older Harrison kit, but the wood looks in excellant condition! Obviously well cared for. What an awesome deal!

When i built my current Harrison, i debated over doing it up as modern or tudor. I love tudor so i went that way with it. With this kit, i'll go modern and leave off the front porch and all the trimwork. I like the stucco look, so i'll do the exterior that way. i may very well try to reverse the floor plan as well :welcome:

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I saw it certainly looks to be complete, and untouched. None of the parts have been removed from the sheets. In fact only one end of the box was opened so I'd guess the sheets hadn't even been taken out of the box. Instructions are there, and the sheet showing the different kits available, this one's black and white and includes the Washington, Van Buren and Taft General Store. It's an interesting sheet, on the back it shows a Greenleaf lighting kit and Greenleaf hot glue gun.

Okay, i spoke with the guy here in utah that has the washington for sale. I'm definately getting it for 20 dollars...and...his wife also has another kit for 20 dollars (i couldn't pass on this either for 20 dollars)...i've seen one on ebay several times with many bidders. I can't remember the manufacturer, i think it's artply. it's the country manor i believe...so i'm getting 2 vintage kits for a total of 40 bucks!

We are going to take a road trip down south to get them, they are about 1 1/2 hours from where we live. This will be fun! Andrew and I both have next tuesday off of work, so we'll go down then :ohyeah:

Congrats on the awesome find!

Thanks! I never thought to check out KSL classifieds! My coworker looks for furniture alot on the online site and she was the one who found these items for me! You should check them out if you don't already!

Oh you are so lucky, I would love the Harrison. It is definitely on my wish list. congratulations (ain't it nice to have friends that look out for you)

We are going to take a road trip down south to get them, they are about 1 1/2 hours from where we live. This will be fun! Andrew and I both have next tuesday off of work, so we'll go down then :drool2:

And since I just drove 1340 miles in the past 2 days, this trip should be a cake walk.