new member alyce

alycemina

hello all,

I'm Alyce from NJ. I got started a few months ago finding a partially completed dolhouse at a yard sale (RGT log cabin) and then another (Bobbi), then made a barn from an old creche scene stable, just finished a Glencroft (I'll post pictures when I can figure out the camera part). Not sure which I will do next - Primrose, van Buren, Lilly, Coventry or Lafayette. All in the box in my kitchen waiting for me to make up my mind! Probably between the Lilly and van Buren. Happy to be part of the forum. Love all of your pictures. Thanks for all of the helpful replies re the Van Buren.

hello, and welcome!

wow, that is a lot to have done in a few months! how long have you been involved in the hobby?

which projects have you enjoyed most, among your recent ones?

you'll find lots of kindred spirits here. please tell us more about yourself, and your projects. when you've made five posts you can create a gallery, and show and tell.

:)

from Alyce in response to nice questions.

I just started doing this around September 2006. I bought a couple of unfinished Dhs at a yard sale ($1 each a RGT log cabin and the Bobbi). I finished them up and made most of the furniture and accessories and was hooked. Did a barn from a nativity stable for fun and just finished the Glencroft. I love my little barn (Blackbird Farm I call it). But really love the Glencroft. I will post pictures, I promise, when I figure out the camera part. I have always liked furniture, construction (3 house renovations/additions), sewing and took a lot of art classes (drawing, painting, ceramics - made great turkey and ham dinners a few weeks ago for my DH kitchen table) when in school. I took early retirement a couple of years ago. Oh, gardening passion - even landscaped some state land along the highway behind my house (6000sq feet of a hillside) as a fun project. I have a workshop with lots of people sized tools and got a dremel for Xmas and just got a 4" table saw. I like to try to make things. Cant decide yet what is next, but something will hit me - I have lots of Dhs at hand (Forgot to mention the Adams and Pioneer Log cabin last post in addition to the ones I mentioned). I also am part of an antique (aka junk) cooperative and have a vendor stall in a large building that has about 150 vendor stalls withall kinds of stuff (not DH, however). This allows me to buy stuff (not DH) I like and then hopefully sell it. Its crazy but we vendors tend to buy stuff from each other to take home! I do get some very nice costume jewlery to use a sconces/wall decorations, and antique hankies for sheets etc in my Dhs.

Thanks and have a good long weekend.

Welcome Alyce! I'm fairly new too and like you have a selection of houses to build! I have made my decision though to start with the Pierce. I also have a Lafayette in the box in the basement - partially built. I tend to start too many projects at once! But this time I'm going to do the Pierce. I've opened the box and removed the starting pieces, the base and am sanding.....your tools sound like mine! I have the Dremel table saw, lathe, repeater, skill saw and a host of others - but I'm terrified of power tools. I do use my Dremel small drills and things.....but not the table saw or skill saw.

Well back at the sanding! My "favorite" part!

Again, welcome! This is a very friendly and informative group! Good luck with your projects!

:no:

Hello and :whistle: to the forum Alyce, sounds like you have been able to find a lot of great kits in just as hort while! Really looking forward seeing your pics eventually!

Mini-hugs