Hello

Ratchet

Hello.

Well, I finally got the guts to register here. I was a little worried because I have only just started making my first doll house, the Coventry Cottage, and I was afraid that, well, you might find any questions I have rather silly and just a newbie and all but anyway here I am.

What made me decide to start building a dollhouse and hopefully more, is just I remember as a kid going to this store with my dad and seeing these dollhouses, in Long Island and well I decided to try it myself. I started with the Coventry because I knew I was going to make mistakes and goof and well I wanted to learn on something easy. I am hoping to make my mother a Pierce, I have it now but I want to first finish my own Coventry Cottage.

I live in NJ and I am a big Star Trek fan, especially of the Romulans :( and a big Harry Potter fan, especially of Lupin ^_^ Though I know he is going to die in the last book :( but that is going off topic

I am really enjoying making the Coventry. Its not pefect and I am sure I goofed a lot. There are no books out there about making doll houses from kits just a lot of stuff about making things for the house but its fun. I cannot wait to make the Pierce for my mother. She does not know I am planning on making it for *her" Very big surprise it will be!! :ohyeah:

Anyway hello all and please dont throw heavy sharp painful things when I ask basic questions ;-)

Hi and :ohyeah: ! Don't be afraid to ask questions. We have the motto that no question is stupid. All of us started at some point and I know I still feel like a novice. I can't wait to see pictures of your Coventry Cottage. The important thing is to enjoy what you do.

:(

Carrie

Hi and welcome,

I also have the Pierce dollhouse, and have been building it for the past 20 years. It's not difficult, I'm just a procrastinator. I start and stop. But now joining this new forum, new as today, I hope to get a jumpstart and finish this house.

I chose the Pierce because I like the victorian style, I wish I had a real Victorian House.oh hum... anyway I hope you enjoy your new hobby.

PS: I am also a big Star Trek Fan!

Deanna

I already welcomed you in an earlier thread but another Trekie! :ohyeah:

kewl beans. we took our boys to a small convention when they were younger and they...ermm well...we had a BALL!

I personally have a thing for Klingons...the Worf generation I made my son a klingon for Halloween once....no one knew what he was and he looked so good! it was sad!

have you ever miniaturised Star Trek ? that would be an interresting project!

again welcome!

nutti :( ^_^

hello, and welcome!

i'm a newbie too, and u know what? everybody was, once.

the people on these forums are very kind, helpful and talented folks who are generous with their support. you're at a great place.

please don't worry about ducking large hurled objects, and instead share your questions and ideas with us as your projects go along.

your plans sound interesting. what's the theme for the Coventry? what's happening with your build?

looking forward to seeing your posts and pictures! :ohyeah:

ps: i refuse to believe that anything bad happens to Lupin. It is Dudley's time to go.

Hello.

Well, I finally got the guts to register here. I was a little worried because I have only just started making my first doll house, the Coventry Cottage, and I was afraid that, well, you might find any questions I have rather silly and just a newbie and all but anyway here I am.

I am really enjoying making the Coventry. Its not pefect and I am sure I goofed a lot. There are no books out there about making doll houses from kits just a lot of stuff about making things for the house but its fun.

Anyway hello all and please dont throw heavy sharp painful things when I ask basic questions ;-)

Hi and welcome!

Don't be afraid to post or ask questions. Newbies are always warmly welcomed. The folks here all remember their first efforts and will be very understanding when you ask questions.

Actually, there is a very good book about making dollhouses from kits. It is called Creative Dollhouses From Kits, by Robert Schleicher. It covers all phases of dollhouse making, has load of photos that clearly show the techniques, and is a very useful book for beginner and intermediate dollhouse builders.

Here is the Amazon.com link:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Dollhouses-...TF8&s=books

Jeri

Hi, Aisha, you HAVE got the newbie jitters, huh?

I was afraid that, well, you might find any questions I have rather silly and just a newbie and all but anyway here I am.
First of all, there are no dumb/silly/stupid (work of choice) questions. Secondly, I still think of myself as a newbie in spite of having built a couple of kits, and I still get the newbie jitters. So take a deep breath and calm down. You're here to have fun.
There are no books out there about making doll houses from kits
a very good book about making dollhouses from kits. It is called Creative Dollhouses From Kits, by Robert Schleicher.
Don't forget the three volumes of Dollhouses to Dream Houses, I think Keri still carries them at Earth & Tree, http://www.dollhouse-miniatures.com .
dont throw heavy sharp painful things when I ask basic questions
They'd be small, so I doubt they'd travel very far or inflict much damage.
Star Trek fan, especially of the Romulans
I'm more partial to Vulcans, since one of my best friends is one.
have you ever miniaturised Star Trek ?
Sounds like a project for Andrew...

Welcome to the forum! :) I bought a Coventry Cottage kit years ago - after reading the instructions I felt a little overwhelmed, and (using my kids as an excuse) decided I didn't have time to start it then. One of these days I will pull the box out and just build it! I have done an Arthur, and am currently working on a few kits. This is a wonderful place to learn, share, and gain inspiration. We are all in the same boat. :doh:

Hello and welcome! Questions are cool, Star Trek is cooler (except for Enterprise, the most recent spinoff that I'm glad is gone already) and no way can Lupin bite it....Would rock if Dudley bit it but we won't get that lucky. I'm hedging my bets on Harry kickin' it.....

a miniaturized Star Trek scene....very interesting idea, very......interesting.......*pondering 1/12 Picard* hmmmmmmmmm

I bet this would be much more feasible as a roombox.......