The Byrd's House

Deb

So, while I was waiting for supplies for my Willowcrest I decided to do a project I've been thinking about for awhile. I like a challenge and I like trying different things, so this sounds kinda weird, but I made a mini house out of a bird feeder.

Have y'all every looked at the Greenleaf bird feeder kits? They are *so* cool! I was originally thinking that I would do one in a Hansel/Gretel gingerbread style, or maybe an elf house, but once I started on it, it said that it wanted to be a bird's house. And I answered, "Well, why not. I've always wondered what it looked like inside a bird's house but was never brave enough to stick my eye up to the little hole on one to find out."

With a little bashing and some imagination, I've made a home for Mr and Mrs Alfred H. Byrd. It's a two story home with picture windows, a garden in the front yard and a backyard complete with a hot tub. The exterior of the house is finished with coarse stucco to resemble tree bark and it's shingled with silk leaves. I have no idea what scale it actually is. The house part of it is 9"H x 4" W x 5" D. I made the furnishings so there wasn't a problem with finding stuff to fit (and how many birds can say they have a four poster canopy nest?).

Here's a couple of teaser pics. The rest of the pics are in my gallery here.

I'm gonna have to do some more of these. Wouldn't it be cool to make a one room vignette for a tree nymph?

Deb

Ok Deb, I seriously need to borrow your muse. I promise just for one week and I'll give it back. :)

Seriously, this is just to cute and charming. But where are the worms for dinner? -_-

I've always wondered what it looked like inside a bird's house but was never brave enough to stick my eye up to the little hole on one to find out."

*snicker*

Another project well done! You do beautiful work and you are so creative!

:):wave:

I am not worthy

OOPPSS you did it again!

love the birds 4 posted nest. too cute.

ty for the wonderful eyecandy...

BTW your photography is exceptional for showing off your creations.

always smiling after viewing your eyecandy!

nutti :w00t:

Thanks everyone. It really is a super fun project to do and it didn't take long at all. I'd sincerely recommend those bird feeders kits for mini projects. It was soooooooo easy to bash.

I also was looking for the worms on the dinner table and eggs in the nest.

<giggling> The dishes on the table are beads and sequins but I'll have to figure out how to make a bowl with worms in it for the center of the table. You've given me an idea to make a playpen with eggs in it! That would be so cute! I also need to work on some larger "family portraits" to go in the empty spaces on the walls.

BTW your photography is exceptional for showing off your creations.
Thanks Nutti. The photography is an ongoing learning process, but I've got a corner set up in the studio now with a table, white drop and flood lights. I'm still learning more with the camera and editing.

Those are wonderful for 1/2" scale dwellings for sure

Is that the scale Tracy? I've never really done anything outside of 1:12 so I wasn't sure exactly what scale these fit into. If they're half scale, I could use regular furnishings in the next one instead of making them.

Deb

If they're half scale, I could use regular furnishings in the next one instead of making them.

Deb

But Why would you do that? Your creative hand crafted furniture looks so wonderful!! I Love it!!! You got so much inspiration to share!!! :) I can't wait to see the next one you do!

But Why would you do that? Your creative hand crafted furniture looks so wonderful!! I Love it!!! You got so much inspiration to share!!! :wave: I can't wait to see the next one you do!

LOL Tracy ... we're thinking alike! :)