Greetings from a longtime enthusiast, but new builder!

Aneliz

I'm glad I discovered this forum. It seems to have a lot of nice people and good information!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have loved miniatures since I was a kid. My first dollhouse was the RGT "Peaches and Cream," which was made for me with love by my mom when I was seven. It was never decorated or even painted, but I love it. (A few years later, my younger sister got the Cherrydale...painted pink and white...hers looked nicer, but I never wanted to trade in my dollhouse's rough look, because that's the way it had always been.) I still have that dollhouse and all its wonderful furniture, though everything's in storage in the basement right now.

A few years ago, I got a basic roombox kit and, with my husband's help, turned it into a toy shop. (I love toys and children's books!) This was a major achievement for me, as I don't consider myself very handy with tools. (Thank goodness my husband is! We're a good team!) :flowers:

In a short space of time, I amassed several more kits...the Shadybrook Cabin, the Glencroft, and the General Store, which I am going to turn into a Hallmark store someday. They've all just sat there under the workbench for a couple years, but now...we have a reason to tackle the first project! The Shadybrook Cabin is underway, being constructed as a special gift for my parents, who celebrate their 30th anniversary in a few months. They have a real cabin in Colorado, so we are making this a tribute to the real thing. So far, so good...some glue is drying as I type this, and we'll start fitting the walls together later!

Well, that's a really longwinded explanation of my interest in miniatures and why I'm here! I'm off to read more of your insights now and look at some great pictures...

Anne

Hello and welcome to the forum. I just recently finished building the Creekside Cabin, it is not a being invaded by the animals in the off season. LOL

How sweet to make a tribute to your parents for their anniversary.

Share pics and feel free to ask any questions.

:yes: , Anne, and :flowers: to the forum. You don't have to post your personal photo as your avatar, but we would very muc like to see pictures of your handiwork. After you've made five posts you can post pictures in the Gallery, and I recommend you do so before some of our more diligent members (who shall remain nameless, they know who they are!) sic the eyecandy cops on you! :yes: :yes:

hello, and welcome!

you'll feel right at home here.

your project for your folks sounds really great. hope you're having a super time with it.

and (just gotta say it) of course a photo or two would be keen. ;)