New to the Beacon Hills

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums too...Waiting to receive the Beacon Hills house( we were hoping to get it in time for Christmas, but there were problems at the sellers warehouse, and I'm still waiting---kind of impatiently) Just can't wait to get started!

Anyhow, this will be a project mostly for me, but my 7 and 9 yr old daughters will be helpers...I'd like to build a house for each of the girls to go with them once they have homes of their own...

I've built one other dollhouse(The heritage from another company) and it was good experience. It showed me that I shouldn't rush along, and should make sure I pick furniture pieces that I'm really going to be happy with...not just what it available at the time. There was no internet with my first house, so having endless resources at the click of a mouse will make this so much easier!

So, until I get my kit, I'll be reading as much as I can on this site....

Nice to meet you all,

Cathy

Hello and welcome to the forum Cathy. There are several others building the Beacon Hill, so you should be able to get any questions answered. You already know the important part about not rushing.

Cathy, welcome!!

You'll love the Beacon Hill. My dad built mine for me in 1994. I've got photos in my webshots if you'd like to take a look. It's a beautiful house and I know you'll really enjoy it.

-Susanne

Hi Cathy,

Welcome to this forum.

I'm also building a Beacon Hill. I just updated my weblog.

I also collected a lot of links from other Beacon Hill owners.

Good luck with building this house.

Jet.

The Beacon Hill is a lovely house - good choice! I'm so sorry for you and your girls - not getting the house in time for Christmas must have been a major disappointment. Never mind, you will be able to enjoy its arrival without the hectic rush of the holiday season interfering! :giggle: Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the group, Cathy.

You've chosen a lovely house in the Beacon Hill - I'm waiting for mine to arrive, too.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress, with lots of help from little fingers :o

Jackie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Got caught up in building...

thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Thanks Jet for the links of all the other BH houses, it was great to see what others have done!

The girls are ok with the house arriving a little late.

They have been great helping with little things here and there....they are just excited to see any progress.

the 2nd floor staircase is slowing things up a bit, but I know it's going to start moving quickly soon...Waiting for the lighting kit to arrive!

Thanks again!!!

You're coming right along, aren't you? I really like how prettily the stairs turned out. doesn't it feel good to get the walls up? You can begin to see the house's "bones" and better understand what the kit is trying to tell you.

Welcome to the Neighborhood Cathy!! That Beacon Hill is certainly a Favorite around here. There are a lot of members building that one! The Heritage is one of my all time favorites and I so hate that I sold it when we moved up here years ago. I figured I could make another one and shucks, That company has gone out of business!!

I do have a Heritage kit I was able to find. I just hope that all of the parts are in my box.

:wave:

Tracy,(minis on the edge)

I built the Heritage about 15 yrs ago...unfortunately, it didnt survive our move to the new house...or the toddler years... I really wish I had done a better job with it...I rushed through and wasn't really picky about what I put in it. This time, I want to take my time and do a much better job...as I've said before. I really liked the style of the Heritage though!! I'd love to find the San Fransiscan and take a crack at that one!