Willowcrest shingles are all stained!!

Ms. Mini

I finally finished staining all the shingles on my Willowcrest!! :roflmao::roflmao::groan::rofl:

Those fumes were really getting to me :rofl: so i am very happy to be done! :thumb:

I updated my gallery check it out :)

Im so happy! tomorrow i will re paint some of the white trims.. and start doing touch ups on the oustide.. then onto finsih the interior!! :D

Thelma checking out the view!

Willowcrest520.jpg

Willowcrest532.jpg

Willowcrest534.jpg

OOOOOO its simply Mahhhvolous dahhling!

what is on your base? I love the colors you chose for this house!

you really have done a wonderful job!

cant wait to see it all complete...doesnt look like much to do now!

Happy House :D

nutti :roflmao:

OOOOOO its simply Mahhhvolous dahhling!

what is on your base? I love the colors you chose for this house!

you really have done a wonderful job!

cant wait to see it all complete...doesnt look like much to do now!

Happy House :D

nutti :roflmao:

its sheets of brick that I got from walmart and michaels. they were in the miniature christmas village section... i think i like it.. im not sure yet.. gonna give it a few days to see what i think.

ya i keep thinking im almost done.. but then i find little things here and there. and there are still lots of stuff to the interior that i need to do.. but the exterior is probably about 85 % done :roflmao:

Thanks everyone for the support!! now i have a question for you..

do you like the sheets of brick that i used aroudn the base? or should i take it off and do something else?

A wonderful project, and you should be very proud! :cucumber:

I am anxiously waiting for your progress on the inside. :music_band:

Re: the brickwork- it looks very attractive, but are the corners as crisp as you would like? :groupwave:

This house is just so doggone pretty!

Jenny, she's so beautiful!!!!! I love how the shingles turned out, especially against that blue. I personally like the brickwork and think it looks really nice, but what other ideas would you have instead of the bricks?

well here is the problem... i bought them at two different stores. the brick work sheets that are in the front have kind of a velt backing.. but the ones that are on the sides and wrap the edges have a rubbery backing.. the velt glued like a dream.. the rubber... well i looked at it this morning and it came unglued!! I used this steel grip glue i usally use on everything and its just not holding..

any ideas anyone?

Is Thelma going to live in the Willowcrest? She looks like a real sweetie!

any ideas anyone?

Why not use super glue to glue felt to the rubbery backed brick strips (try saying THAT one three times fast!) and then glue them back on? I think the brickwork ROCKS (if that's not contradictory...)!

The house looks very happy with both with that shade of blue and the shingles are just well worth the work, right?!?

I hope you will find a solution to the bricking trouble!

Hugs

Is Thelma going to live in the Willowcrest? She looks like a real sweetie!

Why not use super glue to glue felt to the rubbery backed brick strips (try saying THAT one three times fast!) and then glue them back on? I think the brickwork ROCKS (if that's not contradictory...)!

Thanks holly.. i jsut got back from Michaels with a different glue im going to try. says it glues rubber and wood... so we'll see.

Thelma will share the 3rd floor pink room with the little girl of the house :D

She is really looking forward to it :doh:

Well I just spent about 3 hours straight at my work station.. I do feel like I accomplished some things :D

That glue still seems to be holding the sheets of brick.. we'll see in the morning.

please excuse the messy work bench :drool:

Willowcrest560.jpg

I just updated my gallery :doh:

First of all a major "WOW" and then secondly, what mess???? I love the way this beuty looks, will hop over to the galler to enjoy more pics, thanks for sharing!

Hugs

Thanks Anna and Holly!

haha well you didnt see a pic of the WHOLE bench ;) its pretty dang messy... and the floor.. covered in wood chips... poor WO had to be moved on top of my desk so it would get dirty :blink:

holly i'd like to see your mess. haha