Oh Happy Day

whippet-gal

I just had to share .... I've just received this gorgeous Bespaq bedroom set, which is destined for my Grosvenor Hall AND, an hour later, another postal service arrived with Woodcraft's Fantasy Villa :lol:

I've been tempted by this 'wooden puzzle' for quite a while & having seen what can be achieved by Tracy (minis on the edge)

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/...037881673mJEHyk

I finally gave in - it was an easy surrender :lol:

Here's a link to the bedroom set, but be prepared to fall in love ....

http://tinyurl.com/ue96p

Jackie who's doing the happy dance :lol: :D:banana:

Bespaq stuff is great, and you can't put a 20 pound bedroom set in a Grosvenor (how do you pronounce that?) can you? Gotta spend a little bit of dosh to get the look right. Otherwise it'd look like Jim Royle decorated the place.

The Fantasy Villa is a great kit, If you like it on inspection I'd suggest the Castle as well, it's just as nice. Looks like a fun build. I got the Villa for Marg, the castle for mesen, thinking I may have people in the dungeon subjected to the greatest hits of the Bay City Rollers and Iron Maiden 24 hours a day. Can't think of a worse torture. Oh yeah I can, Celine Dion and Whitney Houston. Okay that's set.

I got a delivery too, my San Franciscan arrived yesterday evening (I worked 3pm to 3am). It's an original non MDF kit, unopened, still has the original staples holding the box closed.

I can't imagine putting anything less than Bespaq into some of the grander house kits (the Garfield also comes to mind). You need to take out a second mortgage and get some of Ferd Sobol's pieces, particularly the caned chairs.

Very nice and pretty. Congratulations on your purchases. I will probably never be able to afford Basque, but I sure can enjoy looking at it in others houses.

that bedroom set is chez chic!

and it will look wonderful inyour groveners hall!

that house is a monster! and made for museum peices.

Im afraid to look to deeplyt into the more expensive furniture because I really like breathing!

looking forward in seeing your new lil goodies in place!

nutti :D

Thanks for all your replies - I'm still doing my happy dance, even after spending ages staining shingles for my wooden Orchid, yesterday. Eye candy will follow, I promise.

Doogster: Grosvenor is pronounced Grovener (the s is silent). It seems we have a similar taste in awful 'music'; I can't think of anything worse than listening to that mixture all day.

Opened your San Franciscan yet?

And yes, Marg, Grosvenor Hall is downstairs again in the 'thinking zone' :roflmao: . I'm going to take my time over the house, as I have big ideas for it, as you know, & I'm sort of waiting for my skill-level to catch up!

I've decided to make it my background build, getting my much needed instant gratification from working on other projects at the same time. That's the theory, anyway :D

Bespaq is a bit beyond my 'pocket money', too (Eddie & I have had pocket money all the time we've been married, trouble is the house fills up with my buys & his is spent on golf :roflmao: ) but I sold a rare set of My Little pony (other collecting hobby), so i had the money - what could I do??

Happy weekend all,

Jackie

Yay Jackie! I love you ideas for the Grosvenor! And your furniture!

I was looking at photos on webshots last night and looked up the Grosvenor, well there sat mine, the last pictures taken months and months ago.

I need to get my fireplaces and get started on that house again!

:music_band: :groupwave:

I think this says it all LOL, a huge congratulation of getting that set as well as the home for it to go :birthday:

And I think I better stay away from searching for more Bespaq items, I will need to stay away, will need to just sit and browse the forum mustering up energy and ideas for the houses I have around here that needs to be dressed, :cucumber: aha, they need filling....

OK, I am hurrying over on ebay to see what I might find LOL (and will blame you for any charges made on the CCs!)

Hugs