White Orchid Progress

Ms. Mini

Well I just finished day 3 of working on my white orchid and i am very pleased with the results.

Tinkerbells cottage is coming along very nicely... if you get a sec check out my blog i just updated and my gallery :)

post-505-1167369303_thumb.jpg

Jenn, the wallpaper looks really wonderful, so smooth! What do you mean by it was "weird" to glue on? Difficult? Tips to share?

I love the transparent sparkly paper you used on the ceiling. Is it scrapbooking paper?

Your plan sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see more of Tinkerbell's new home. Love the idea of sewing thread spools, etc. :)

Thanks Kathie!! when i said it was "weird" i meant that it was very easy!! but at the same time once you lay that glue down its pretty much over. you cant exactly sand it off so I recomend measuring twice on any type of wallpaper before gluing down :)

the house is SO easy to build. I cant wait to go home and work on it tonight :)

o yes.. and all the wallpaper is scrap book paper from michaels :p

Looking good, Jenny! Your theme is really coming together. I love it!!

I'm waiting patiently for that exterior though!! :)

haha thanks Teresa!! I'm patiently waiting for the exterior too... not!! lol i cant wait to have the weekend to work on her!!! :)

What did you use? Normally I use wallpaper paste to hang wallpaper (nove idea, that, eh?)...

I used my quick dry glue that i bought last night. it worked really well too :p

Jenny, your WO is coming together just great. Thanks also for all the hints. I'm hoping to start on mine later today--even if I do have to wait for a few items to decorate it. It is starting to scream at me to get it out of the box. :)

Please tell what glue you used for wallpapering the White Orchid. That has me stumped! Also, what did you use to glue the floor?

Thanks!

Jeri

For the normal wallpaper I used the glue i bought yesterday called "quick dry" it isnt clear glue though so dont use it on trasparent paper or on the house iself! For the transparent paper i used on the ceiling I used spray adhesive, which worked great and a dab of hot glue on the ends to keep down white drying. For the hardwood floors I used "quick dry" as well.

Jenny, it's coming along so nicely! I love the vellum you used on the ceiling! Spray adhesive was a great idea for that. I have used spray adhesive with vellum for scrapbooking and it's the best thing to use and not show the adhesive thru!

can't wait to see more!

It's looking good Jenny!! I like your tinkerbell. I have her too. (did you see her friends? I have a bunch of them. I am going to make a fairy village for them in one of my gardens outside) Do you have the weekend off to work on your orchid? I hope so, I can't wait to see how it comes out!

yes i saw her friends and i def. plan to buy them!! and yes i have the weekend off which i am SO excited for! i just finished night 4 of working on the house :) I updated my gallery but havent updated my blog yet. if you guys have time take a peak and let me know what you think!

post-505-1167457458_thumb.jpgpost-505-1167457619_thumb.jpg

ya ive been doing alot of drawings to plan it all out. i have a few furniture kits im going to be building that I will putting flowers and ivy and stuff on :laughbounce: