New pics Farmhouse 505

peggyquade

post-924-1166422492_thumb.jpgpost-924-1166422509_thumb.jpgpost-924-1166422525_thumb.jpgpost-924-1166422540_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to share with everyone my progress on the Dura Craft Farmhouse 505. The roof is dry-fitted on and of course there are big gaps but I'll patch those up. I am impressed with the big rooms and I like the wall edge decoration on the back of the house. Part of the decoration is functional, too. On top of the first floor tim is the two way channel...one channel faces down to cap the decoration and the second channel faces the front of the house and you fit the edge of the floor in that channel. Makes the floor nice and secure! I did change the layout of a doorway on the first floor... the original had the door from the entry way into the living room way back by the front door, behind and underneath the staircase. Now what child playing with a doll would be able to use that door, even if they could see it? So I turned the wall around and put the door from the entry way into the living room at the back of the house, cut the opening for the stairway a little bigger and pushed the stairway back.