Minis Sale

TinyJudi

I haven't gotten mine yet -- but I hope it arrives today! We're going into the town where HobbyLobby is, tomorrow (it's 45 miles away) and I'll have to shop!

Although we were just in there last week, and there is only one pitiful corner piece of shelving with dollhouse stuff hanging from it! :lol:

They redid the minis area at my HL too. It just seems like were so many empty spots where they should be restocking. It is kind of disappointing. Perhaps I will talk to the manager and see if they are planning to restock any time soon. If I have certain items I want that they are out of, maybe I can get a raincheck.

I've been watching the sales and I figured they would do the minis again this week. Great timing too!!!! I need some more windows and some living room furniture and I forgot to buy moulding last time. And I have more houses now that I did not have last time the sale was on. I really wish they were open Sundays!!! I would go every week.

:lol:

Oh, I just remembered. I have tomorrow off of work so I can be there when they open the doors! The last time they had the minis on sale, I didn't get to go until Saturday, the last day of the sale. This time, I can go the first day. :lol:

I haven't gotten mine yet -- but I hope it arrives today! We're going into the town where HobbyLobby is, tomorrow (it's 45 miles away) and I'll have to shop!

Although we were just in there last week, and there is only one pitiful corner piece of shelving with dollhouse stuff hanging from it! :lol:

You don't need a coupon ... the mini sale is part of their weekly sale.

will talk to the manager and see if they are planning to restock any time soon.

Please post the results of your chat, I've been so upset by the gradual disappearance of mini items from the HLs I have available (one is more than 80 miles NE & the other's over 100 miles NW of us).

Yes, I've found the ad, and realized that there is a second HobbyLobby in the "next town over", about an hour-and-a-half from here...and we're going there, too!! So I'll check out that HL first -- I haven't been there before -- and maybe they'll have a better selection than the one I'm used to.

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more mini stuff until the shows in March...but...I can't HELP myself!! :p

Hey, I got an answer from Hobby Lobby today. The lady said that sales have been down in that department and so they cut back. I had told her a lot of others have been complaining about the cutback also.

I just don't see that trend continuing....I went today and bought out almost the whole section. (windows, trim, spindles, railings, lights, furniture, doors, minis, flooring) Ha, carry more and we'll buy more, you know?

Hello to all,

Talked to the manager of our Hobby Lobby last week, got an answer today. He says main office tells him HL will continue to carry dollhouse supplies. They cut their selection because of not enough demand...I said "We can't buy it if it's not here." He says he continues to reorder, but doesn't get what he needs. Manager is planning for promotion in 2007. I told him people on the forum want and need supplies. He will continue to try.

Hope this info helps somehow. At least they say they are not quitting. I certainly hope it gets better.

Maybe if we talk enough ......

Nancy

I stopped by today, got a staircase, I'd like to do an angled staircase in the lower level of the Garf, and I'm much more inclined to start cutting the stairs up since they were only 6 bucks. :lol:

Oh the railings are flat, but they'll be easy to replace.

I did get to the HL in the farther-away community, and there was just a few things. I did get some christmas lights, a bench for my porch, another cat (14, now! :D ) and a little globe on a stand that spins. But they had only a few bits of building supplies...a couple of packs of crown molding, one sheet of brick, one sheet of stone, other limited groupings like that -- not enough to really do much with. I'm going to another town today and see what might be left at that HL, but I'm not real optimistic.

The globe -- after I bought mine for around $2.....I saw the EXACT same one on eBay, starting bid $5, with a $3.95 shipping! :D

I stopped by last night to see if they had any doors...nope totally sold out. I couldn't resist 2 more wood flooring and 1 carpet. :D They had boxes sitting in front of the display, i know they are going to restock but i will try to be strong and avoid the store for the next couple of weeks :D

• 3 weeks later...
I did that six months ago, still waiting to hear back...

News Flash!!!!

Talked with management found out that the Co. that supplies them with there miniatures is going out of busniness and the Corprate officels has opt. not to bring in another Co. to supply the miniatures once every thing is gone it's Gone!!!

Although they said if you go to there web sight and complain about this it might help, only if enough people complain. So I am tring to put the word out. :) At least put your two cents in I know I did .

If this keeps up I won't have any place to go where I live to find mini's of any kind.

oooooo how sad for all of us for whom this is the only place to SEE,touch, and feel miniatures!

I did get write on the e-mail band wagon and e-mailed them.

come on folks we have to get the word out!

they have to know we need this in their stores!

nutti :)

Hi all, i emailed hobby lobby and this is the response that i just got:

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond to this rumor. We have no plans to do away with our dollhouses and miniatures that we carry in our stores.

Any assistance you can offer in dispelling this rumor would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for shopping at Hobby Lobby and for visiting our website.

So, looks like we'll still get our mini's!