I just had too!!

Shakyshaky

Okay I was just walking by minding my own business when I had the thought " I wonder how big the side room really is in the Tennyson?" So very innocently I tipped the box to see the pic better. The house fell out at my feet! what was I to do? :) I know I would never get it back in the box as pieces fell out of the boards ( nothing broke) and I had to check and make sure it was okay right? :D I know I said I would not build another house until next year, but it's almost next year, and dh is traveling this week so he won't be bothered by boards drying everywhere. That is really the part he hates so I am doing him a favor right! :lol: What can I say? It just would not be put off any longer.

The floors have been stained and are drying as I type. :yes:

The Tennyson had to be crying out for attention. It wants to be built right now. I'm so pleased that you've made the house happy.

BTW, when I spread out for a new project and create a huge mess, my husband just shakes his head and says "as long as you're happy". And you know what, I am!!

Glad you're happy too. Photos .... please.

-Susanne

Oooh, how exciting!! If your dh is away of course you should get to work on it since you need something to occupy your time. :wave:

My dh just told me I could bid on the Brookwood on ebay. I'm so excited!!

you are so considerate to take time out of your day for your tennyson. i mean its not like you "had" to do it, it was out of the kindness of your heart. Just think of it as your "Charity" for the holidays. your house must be very happy with you.

I know what you mean about DH not liking all the pieces everywhere. I think that is why caleb built me that work station in the office. so keep me locked up in there and all my pieces away! haha

When will you be so kind enough to share pics with us? I cant wait to see what you do with it!!

-Jenny

No pics yet. It will be dark olive green with off white trim. I have some beautiful wall paper I got from Linda as my secret santa last year that will go in here and I think a cherry print in the kitchen. I am going to look over my research and supplies while the stain and poly dries

That poor Tennyson!

It had to break free from it`s constraints...It had to free itself from cardboard bondage..

It needed air...Gasp! Gasp! Gasp!

Your smart Tenny was like a puppy in a crate...You opened the door and it bolted for the floor...Now give it a treat, a good drink and some much needed attention.

You go girl!! I have the Canterbury out of the box and just finished scribing the floor. Will be staining tonight. :yay: BTW, I just bought DH his Christmas present...an Easy Share Kodak digital camera, the 8 megapixel one. Will have to wait till Christmas to play with it though. :wave:

you are so considerate to take time out of your day for your tennyson. i mean its not like you "had" to do it, it was out of the kindness of your heart. Just think of it as your "Charity" for the holidays. your house must be very happy with you

Like heck! That puppy just bit her on the rear to get attention, probably been sneaking furtive looks to see when the coast was clear...

I started sorking on the Storybook Cottage we "rescued" from a thrift store llast January and I see why it wound up there. I son't know if everything's there until I finish filling, sanding & priming, so far I've sone cosmetic surgery to the front bay's side windows to make them look right-side up... I have one more exterior wall to prime and then a second coat on the inside. It was obviously started by someone who knew how to sand, but then someone else who didn't know how to assemble came along and started building and slapping on trims. Looks like some gorilla glue got used here, wood putty there, and it's so solidly together I'd have to use a chainsaw to take it apart like I originally wanted to, to make into a 1:24 scale cottage. Hopefully I can salvage it well enough for some child to enjoy.

What I can't shake is the feeling that whoever started this poor little kit noticed they'd gotten into a mess with the trim and cutting off parts they shouldn't have and installing parts upsidedown without taking them off when they could... and probably have been trashing Greenleaf for their own ineptness ever since! (sorry for the rant, I haven't tried finishing a dh someone else started and my approach at work to having to finish someone else's work was to dissect it all, figure out what was going on and then just do it all over correctly)

I should have know a house that was willing to jump out of it's box would have ideas of it's own. Apparently the green I picked was too dark. It wants a more summery color and white trim. I liked the weathered effect of only one coat but it says it has been newly remodeled by the Hathys and deserves a second coat. I wanted a bathroom, but it says no. I thought I had one picked out and with the rest of the furnishings but it has been hidden somewhere. There will be plumbing in the kitchen but no bath. we are still discussing the wall treatment for the living room. It does not like the paper I picked but is not telling what it wants instead. Apparently something more kid friendly.

They shall clean up in the kitchen! The house and I talked about an addition, but it just isn't going to work. Not enough room on the table and the layout was just not working. It really was not uncommon to have running water in the kitchen and no bathroom at that time. I had the thought of making a little outhouse but I am not sure.

I hope to have some walls up and pics tomorrow afternoon.

I had the thought of making a little outhouse but I am not sure.

I guess it's depend on how many orphans you're planning to "house" and what provision for chamber pot disposal. My stepdad grew up in a state-run orphanage + trade school in the 19-teen & 20s and they had essentially a barracks-type bathroom.

They shall clean up in the kitchen! The house and I talked about an addition, but it just isn't going to work. Not enough room on the table and the layout was just not working. It really was not uncommon to have running water in the kitchen and no bathroom at that time. I had the thought of making a little outhouse but I am not sure.

With so many orphans, it better be a multi-holer ... with some smaller holes for smaller ... uhhhhh ... children. :roflmao: