L'Orchidée Blanc et de Cristal

Deb

This house is really cool. It is so clean and crisp with a sprinkle of magic fairy dust. This is great inspiration. I wish my muse would quit taking frequent vacations and give me some great ideas like this lol. This is an awesome house, gets me excited to work on my White Orchid.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

breathtaking.....Deb, I couldn't have done it better myself...if I was one of the lucky ones to get this house, this is exactly what I would have done....I stand and applaude you!! You are a genius!!

Good eye Holly! That's exactly what it it is. I wanted something to cover the slots but still be thin enough to be barely there and give the impression of snow.

Oh, goody! I was hoping I was right, as mine wants to be Santa's house and of course has to have snow on it's icy rooftop. Did you use the Quick Grab (Grip? whatever) glue?

I just wish Dean had that shrinker-upper ready so that I could go for a visit!!!!

<grinning> Better have him shrink up a coat to take along with you. Susanne knows winter well and if she says it look like winter, then it's probably gonna be chilly there! A little white fur coat would be perfect. :giggle: We'll move over the love birds on the window seat and you can curl up on the pillows there.

Oh, goody! I was hoping I was right, as mine wants to be Santa's house and of course has to have snow on it's icy rooftop. Did you use the Quick Grab (Grip? whatever) glue?

The poly batt is the cheap stuff from walmart too. It's thin enough to be right for the scale. I think that if I had cut out uneven scalloped strips and glued them on in layers, it would have looked more like snow, but I was afraid of too much bulk for this style. I've been giving it the eye this evening and thinking that I might go back and glue on some aurora borealis seed beads to give it some sparkle. A few thousand should work. :D

I chickened out on the solvent type of glue on this one. For one thing, I'm a little hyper sensitive to some chemicals and I wasn't quite brave enough to find out if the solvent glue would be one that I react to. So instead, I used Super Glue. I got the little bottle of it that comes with a brush applicator and it worked out quite well actually. I had perfect control over where the glue went and how much I applied, there was no smell and I didn't have to worry about any uneven edges. I think if I were building it for a child to play with, I'd definitely go with the solvent, but I'm going to put this house in a plexiglass case and once I do that, it'll never be touched so I think the Super Glue will hold.

Deb

OOOHHH DEB!

what are you doing with my house?

did you take it right out of my head!?

it is absolutely LOVELY!

I see this house done up just like you did!

Another wonderful creation!

I also would enclose it!

fantastic!

nutti :giggle:

Thanks for all the postive feedback everyone. You guys make me feel so good!

The simplicity of monochromatic texturing and layering

I *love* monochromatic styles. I love black and white, or tone on tone, and I'm delighted with contrasting textures. I can spend hours studying the way a light shines thru a crystal onto a white wall, or a candle flame in a mirror. :giggle: That's what I liked the most about the White Orchid. This kit opened the door for me to focus on textures and tones in a way I wouldn't have done with any other house. It's a very sensory experience.

Deb

I agree with everyone's comments!!! It is beautiful. Now you've set an impossible standard for the rest of us who are going to build this home to be met. :yikes:

I could have sworn that's because you are easily amused. <cackle>

hehehehee Well, there is the fact that I can also play with a tinfoil ball for an hour or two. Those two might be related. :yikes:

Now you've set an impossible standard for the rest of us who are going to build this home to be met.

Nuh uh. There is sooooooooooooo much talent in this community that I don't think there is a standard. We've all got different styles, which is why I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing each White Orchid that's made. I think that they're all going to be breathtaking regardless of the style. Whatcha doing with your's Peggi, or have you decided yet?

Deb

I haven't decided yet, but I haven't taken it out of the box either, so its voice has been muffled ( and with gks around today it couldn't be heard at all) :yikes:

Don't open the box till you're ready to build!! That house is a force that can't be denied. I opened it thinking, "I just want to check out the material........." A week later I came back to reality with a finished house in front of me. Trust me, if you open the box, it will insist you drop everything and build it.

Deb

But isn't it just such a wonderful feeling to it when the house sort of goes together like a dream coming through???? I love that feeling!!!!

And I am also looking forward seeing all these beauties ready and dressed up like the want :yikes:

Hugs

Deb, it's absolutely magnificent! You've created a work of art!! I'm in awe of your creative talent!! :yikes:

And I agree, once you open the box you might as well forget everything else . . . IT demands to be built!! B)