Interest In Weightloss Support Topic Here?

Minis Over The Hill

Maureen thats fantastic news cause 60 calories is really not bad at all. So thats a nice treat once in awhile I think.

Kat it sounds like you had alot of exercise yesterday. I know 4 year olds can really get you going. lol I hope you wont hurt to much today. Also I think its great you got some of your moms cooking but you did not overdue it. :)

Yesterday I was so looking forward to my meal but it made me terrible ill. I guess the twice baked potatoe was just to much fat (cheese, butter, sour cream) none of it low fat and I just got really sick from it. So even though I had plans to eat another big meal today I am back on track cause I think my stomache dont like so much fat anymore. I know I should be happy but this feeling was just horrible. Nobody else got sick and they really enjoyed the food so I can just figure it was to much fat and I am not used to it no more. Anyways enough whining.lol

I hope you all have a great day andI am happy to hear that you had a nice easter holiday. Take good care of yourselfs. :)

• Like 1

Anja, I am so sorry your twice baked potatoe made you ill. Maybe one of the diet gods up above was looking out for you, or maybe it was just too much all at once. On the plus side, at least your meal didn't cause you to want more today; but still I am sorry you felt sick.

To my surprise, I maintained my weight from last week. I remember from my past dieting days that the weeks when I expected to gain, I didn't, and the weeks when I most expected to lose, I didn't. That leads me to believe that dieting efforts balance out over time. I still expect to gain a pound or two during some weeks before I hit my ultimate goal.

Oh Maureen thats great you did not gain any weight. I also do believe what your saying is right about the loosing and gaining of pounds. I can never figure it out why sometimes I loose alot and than when I think it might be less it is not, But it could be an explaination that the body balances out with the diet or healthier habbits we are working on. :closedeyes:

Your right about the up side on the fat food thing. I feel better I really dont need it and it starts making me sick. Since I still have ways to go I am kind of glad today. Last night I was rather not glad. lol

I hope you all have a great day. Take good care of yourselfs. :yes:

It is so beautiful outside today, I just had to take a walk. I also did a lot of stair climbing this morning. Then after the walk, I came home and ate a pastry. It was one of those Italian claim shell pastries called sfogliatella, and it happens to be my favorite among pastries. I hope I don't regret having too many Easter left-overs.

Fortunately, I am still on a cottage cheese kick. Cottage cheese is very filling and very low in calories. It is also great way to fulfill your need for calcium. Unfortunately I know a lot of people don't like it, and no diet will last long if we eat what we don't like.

• Like 2

On our camping trip this weekend in spite of the rain our little group still had our two potluck suppers. One of the things I nhave observed about the potluck is that whther it's a paddling group, a hiking group or a bicycling group, the food is all basic real food from "scratch" and made with low fat/ fat free ingredients and cooked in a healthy way.

• Like 1

Maureen it sounds like you had a great day and I know you must be feeling great with the walking and climbing stairs. Oh those easter leftovers will be gone soon enough. I like cottage cheese once in awhile and I know it is a wonderful diet food, Not everything whats healthy tastes awful despite most people ( even me) think or thought that way. But the fun part is finding out what tastes good to me what is healthy how much calories and and and. It is a learning process which is really starting not to be a pain and actually exciting to me. The calorie thing is getting easier which the things I eat osten I know them by heart but new stuff I have to look it up a few times before I have it in my little brain. lol

Oh Holly I am so sorry you guys had rain on your camping trip. But with the right people there is fun anywhere and in any weather. Sounds like you had a wonderful pottluk and fresh food I use mostly myself and <I am so happy to announce it is aspargus time and we get it fresh of the fields from the farmers. My ultimate favorit Vegie. I just wish the prices go down a little but when the season starts it is pretty expensive. In a few weeks it will be cheaper and I will probebly have it in any which way.

Since I had to do my running around this morning I havent done my Richard and I hear him call me. He just never shuts up. lol

I wish you all a great day and Holly I am glad you got back ok from your camping trip. Take good care of yourselfs

• Like 1

Ah, asparagus! LOVE it, can't ever get enough (when I can afford it). My favorite way to cook it is to drizzle a little olive oil in an iron skillet, toss in the asparagus spears, shake the pan a little bit to coat the asparagus with the oil, season with a bare sprinkle of Cajun seasoning and top with strips of fire-roasted red peppers and put in a hot oven for ten minutes, then serve with a dollop of fatfree Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of lemon juice.

• Like 1

OMG Holly thats a definate must have. I just looked it up how to make cajun seasoning and I got everything in the house. I just have to get the fatfree greek yoghurt. I was gonna have some chicken filet today with potatoes and Asparagus (now I spelled it right) but your recipe sounds so much better and now my mind is just on that meal. Thank you for that recipe I know I will love that.

I'm so proud of myself-today was day 3 of getting outside and doing yard work. I raked a couple more big piles of leaves-will pick them up tomorrow,weather permitting-and went around edging with my new weed wacker/eater/edger/whatchamacallit!:) I'm temporarily off work,until my boss lady gets out of the hospital and we get a vehicle running,so I am enjoying being able to work in the yard on my own schedule and feeling good-if tired-afterwards!

I had Chinese takeout leftovers for lunch,but for supper we are having fresh boiled cabbage,frozen field peas,and a hamsteak I'll cook on the George Foreman grill. No breads and no fat added to anything,just onions and bell peppers in the cabbage and a tablespoon of olive oil in each. I'm still not 'there',but am working at adding more water to my daily routine. And I danced in the kitchen to an Aerosmith cd while I was prepping supper! :D Anja,I haven't gotten around to looking at the Richard Simmons links,but I will-thanx!

Maureen,I love cottage cheese with some canned fruit on it and they say it is a good substitute for other cheeses in recipes. Do you eat it plain?

Holly that recipe hit the spot. I am having it again tonight. lol I have left overs but I think even if I would not have I would have made more. lol This is so good. :ohyeah:

Kat sounds like you been a very busy little bee. I love doing something what is alot of work on my body and you also see results ( in your case the pretty yard). This GF cooker we dont have over here and I been checking for something simular but no chance. But I wont give up because I think thats an awsome method to cook healthy. :yes:

Oh Kat dont worry about not being able to watch the videos it just took me a second to send them. I just did it cause you mentioned you might want to get one and before you spend money on it you could first check it out if it is something for you. ;)

I am speaking out of experience about spending money on exercise videos or exercise things I used once twice or not at all cause I did not like it after I got it and I think we all dont have money to throw out of the window. So it was not to make you feel bad or make you do his exercise just so you have a chance to see if you like it at all before you spend any money. ;)

I have not been on my bike rides like I wanted too cause there is something that comes up and I call it life. lol I was going to do it today but I have a date with my daughter and my grandkids on skype this afternoon. This evening my husband and I have to go pick up his new ( used) car and this morning I have a doctors apointment. So I dont see me ride the bike today eighter. So I dont think I put that kind of pressure on me right now I will do it and I do my other exercise every day. ;)

I wish you all a great day and Holly I am looking forward to my dinner. :chef:

Holly, while I don't care for asparagus, Bruce loves it and I'll definitely be trying your recipe for him. I'm still plugging away at making small changes when I can. Another adjustment to one of my meds sent me into free fall for a few days when I didn't eat anything at all but last night I was able to have a small lettuce and tomato salad with fat free Italian dressing and a few slices of low fat cheddar cheese for protein, Hopefully I'll be able to eat again today. I need to get out my Bullet and put butter lettuce and kale on my shopping list to make emulsions/smoothies on the days I can't eat.

I'm proud of y'all for making it thru Easter without gain! Anja, it's normal for your body to change when you start eating healthier and those rich foods don't taste (or settle) as well as they used to. Keep your mind focused on the fact that it's your body telling you to avoid those things because it's leading you down a path to a healthier you. That's a very different feeling than the one caused by your brain saying you ate something you have to be punished for, huh! There's no regret in letting go of a food when your body is telling you that it simply doesn't like that food anymore.........well, maybe a little bit of regret, but mostly a great feeling about your body being all smart about what it wants now. I'd say that it's a major milestone for you and am most sincere in telling you that I'm so happy that you didn't enjoy those twice backed potatoes. :-)

• Like 1

Oh no Deb I am so sorry to hear you were feeling bad. :( I hope that you are able to eat today. I think its horrible that things they are supose to help mostly come with side effects. Hope your body gets used to that medicin and life gets back to normal.

You are so right about that your glad for me for not enjoying the twice baked potatoe. I also never thought that something like that be posible in my life I heard of it many of times but I never had any problems with fat food but I guess when you change over to healthy and eat most of the time healthy and leave real bad fat foods out of your system it will punish you if you stray. It is a nice side effect even though easter sunday I did not really feel it was nice. lol Despite what I said about skiping the scale I went on it and since 2 weeks I did not gain any weight ( I did not loose any) but most important I did not gain any. :pepper:

Like I said today I skyped with my daughter and my grandkids and my three year old Grandchild heard me talk to my daughter about exercising. So Rissa decided to show me the situps her mommy is doing. She said Oma (grandma) if you do it just like that you will be little like me. I had to laugh at that cutie. First of all if I lay down on that floor I never get up and second I could not posible move that fast even if my life depended on. :ohyeah:

Sorry I went to the grandkid story but she just cracks me up. I wish everybody a great rest of the day.

Oh Deb Hollys asparagus recipe is a must have for Bruce. Trust me on that.

• Like 1

Deb, I had to make myself learn to like asparagus, having been raised with the way we Southerners used to cook it to almost a mush and then have to sprinkle it with toasted bread crumbs and shredded sharp cheddar cheese to get it down. When I accidently only let it cook the ten minutes in the iron skillet it was a different veggie! I cook green beans by washing and snapping them and then tossing them into rapidly boiling water, turn off the water and leave them for about ten or fifteen minutes. They are still crunchy and taste SO good! Just a bare sprinkle of salt (or lemon juice) and stir in a teaspoonful or so of raw crushed garlic. Then I chill some and use them in salads. Instead of cooking broccoli or cauliflower I just wash it really well and serve the floweretss with a dollop of lowfat mayo (I need to try my fatfree Greek yogurt) and curry powder. The Moosewood cookbooks have some of the best veggie recipes I've tried. There's a recipe for fresh spinach with pine nuts and raisins (and a bit of garlic) that knocks our socks off, and I made one of their eggplant recipes that DH & I sat there and ate the whole huge eggplant between us.

Okay,I was a baaaad girl today- :huh: I made a strawberry cobbler! And no,I'm sorry,but I don't and will not use fat-free,sugar-free anything when I make my cobblers! :p I really don't care for many sweets,but on our little local noon news program yesterday a lady guest and the news anchor were making one that looked so good that I woke up craving it today. I didn't like the look or price of the fresh strawberries at our grocery store,so I got a big bag of fresh frozen. And this recipe adds an egg-which I don't normally do-and dots of cream cheese (Not lowfat,not for me!hahaha) on top. I always add a few drops of fresh lemon juice and a touch of cinnamon to mine. I have to say,it was delicious! I didn't sweeten the berries,and the tanginess was great-sugar would have overpowered the berry taste. I ate one little serving. I have never been one to eat half a pie or cake and do not care for ice cream or anything else on it. (Chips are my weakness,so they are banned from my home now.) So,anyway,now the cobbler will be frozen until my son gets back Sunday-he leaves tomorrow. I did enjoy it,but I am proud that I know when to quit!:) Now I can happily go back to my bananas and apples. And I have more yard work planned tomorrow,so I'll hopefully work off anything I gained. ^_^

Anja,I loved your 'grandkid story'! :) I am so envious-I want grandchildren as much as I wanted my children and will definitely be one of those who will gladly spend any time I can with them. Skype is such a fantastic technology,so that you get to spend that precious time with your babies!! I was surprised at myself not feeling all beat up after I ran all over the place with my little grand niece Sunday,because I am like you about having a hard time getting up once I'm on the ground-my little niece in fact always offers me her hand and tries to pull me up and then we both fall back on the grass and start laughing our heads off. Yep,I need some more of that kinda exercise!lol :wub:

• Like 1

Kat I think you did great and like most of us you grave a must have and I am with you on that sugar and fat free wont do it than. Since we had also a disscusion about sugar substitute which makes some people extremly sick I think I rather than use the real sugar if I need it at all. As I meantioned that fat is not really good for me right now I am staying away from certain fats for sure. I am very proud of you for just eating that slice and put it than in the freezer. You were not bad you were human. :bigwink:

You said you were running around with your grandniece and doing things you usually not do and were affraid you be hurting the next day but I am happy to hear you did not have the hurt and you had tons of fun. :bounce: Yes your right the skype is especially in cases like mine (grandkids on another continent) the closest thing of being in touch with my loved ones. One bad side effect is that I want to be close to them even more after seeing them doing their thing. I keep my fingers crossed for you that your being a grandma wish comes true. :)

I have my day planed for today and biking is on my to do list. :D I will have my chicken today since I did have the asparagus I will have a salad and the chicken on the side. We have today and tomorow beautyful weather and ofcourse saturday it changes into storms and rain. Thats why I got to get on that bike and start my training for the long trip. lol

I wish everybody a wonderful day no regrets and no feeling bad cause there is always the next day to get back on track.

• Like 1

At first I need to complain a little before I get to the up part. I went for my bicicle ride and as I got way out to the fields I realized I forgot my bike glasses. Outch those bugs hurt. Speaking of which it is eighter I breath ( since I have a little cold) or swallow a few bugs. Since I decided to breath guess what .... yep right now I found on no calorie counter how much calories they have. :eek: Driving awhile along the fields there comes a big pond and right on the bike and walk way were a bunch of geese I say about 10 I cant tell for sure the explaination follows. I rang my bell on the bike they just looked at me like get of the bike lady we wont move. So I got of my bike and wanted to go past them :freaked: They startet chasing me to bite. :yikes: I got on my bike and rode like the wind. I did not get as far as I wanted too cause yes you guessed it it startet raining but I dont mean a few drops I mean buckets. :surfing: So I only drove 12 km today but I made it in 45 Minutes. ( this was now the up part)

I will go for it tomorow again but for today I had more than enough fun filled biking. :evil:

My conclusion is: the weatherman is a liar, geese are mean and bugs dont taste well and hurt in my (your) eyes. :noitall:

• Like 1

I don't count bug calories, geese are mean, but trying to get through a bunch of deer is harder, and the down side of peddling in the rain is the way your feet slosh when your shoes fill up with water; been there and done that .

• Like 1

So I only drove 12 km today but I made it in 45 Minutes. ( this was now the up part). I will go for it tomorow again but for today I had more than enough fun filled biking. My conclusion is: the weatherman is a liar, geese are mean and bugs dont taste well and hurt in my (your) eyes.

But the best-est thing of all here is that you DID it !!!!! That's wonderful. Congratulations on not quitting.

• Like 1

Holly since I am doing a different route tomorow who knows maybe I get to do the deer thing. :D Thank goodness my shoes were not that soaked and I had no white shirt on. :banana:

Selkie yes I did it and I do truly enjoy bike riding and I am proud at the time I made it. It was just a little much at once going wrong and after it is over it is funny but not at the moment it happend. I tried to like your answer but I was told I used it to much today. So I tell you here I liked your comment. :bigwink:

• Like 1

Bless your heart,Anja! Like Selkie says,you DID it! Yay!! I am proud of you,because I woulda been crying by the time it started raining! Hope your next ride is less eventful! :) I did yard work again-ALOT of leaf raking and then dragging or carrying them across the yard on an old sheet. My son was going to get a wheelbarrow this past week,but I asked him to wait. Now I'm glad I did,because this way is much more exercise for me! I have more raking and some planting planned tomorrow. I ate leftovers for lunch and supper,mostly cooked vegetables. And I drank alot of water today-at least it's alot for me! :)

Thank you so much Kat. I am impressed at your devotion to your yard and that you do your exercise that way. I know that is an exercise you see results too which makes you proud, It sounds like when you write about it that you enjoy it alot so I think its fantastic your having several benefits from the yardwork. :bigwink: I am happy for you drinking more and having mostly vegies for lunch and dinner and not getting the munchies is just great. :)

We had severy thunderstorms last night which makes the air all clean this morning. So I thought I am gonna switch my exercise and do the bikeride this morning and Richard just have to wait till later. :yes: I will do it a little slower today cause my legs are hurting and I have a different route which is further than yesterday. I would have rode the bike longer but since it rained I wanted to be home. ;)

I am gonna wear my glasses. B) I was also thinking about a skimask ( no bugs in my mouth). :ph34r: Bugspray (just incase they want to attack, dry breadcrums so I can distract the geese, and an umbrella! :rain: lol

Just kidding. I am doing my stuffed bellpeppers today and I have some cucumber salad with lemon dressing for lunch. Drinking my water is going well this week so far so I am happy.

I wish you all a wonderful day and hope you have fun with whatever you do to make you feel healthy.. :kicking:

Holly that is a good idea because we really have a ton of bugs this year cause our winter was extremly mild. :)

Even though driving this morning there was not so many as yesterday afternoon. Could be cause there was rain coming or in the morning they are not so activ. :closedeyes:

I drove 25 km today but it took me 2 hours and 15 minutes. This would mean I get to Venlo but I have to work on the way back too. lol I cant believe how fast I got out of shape riding the bike just by not doing it every day. The way it looks I be going back to school in the middle of may yes going to college at 47 years seems odd but I cant do the job I have been doing no more cause of my athritis so I have to go to school to be able to show I learned the job I am going for it is like that here in good old. So I will do my Richard in the mornings and I think I ride the bike in the evening. I dont wanne stop my exercise cause I feel so good after I done it and I need to keep doing it for weight lost and my body. :yes:

I know it be kimnd of hard and I am worried about going back to school and exams but it is the only way I get a new job. Honestly I miss working too. So will see how it works doing it all. ;)

I hope you all have a great day.

Anja, I was 50 when I started nursing school. Most of my professors, especially my chemistry and anatomy & physiology lecture profs, were so delighted to se how hard I was trying that they were happy to help me understand the difficult material.

• Like 1