Interest In Weightloss Support Topic Here?

Minis Over The Hill

• 1 month later...

How is everyone doing? I hit my weight goal on Monday, and since March 31, I lost 17 lbs. I really didn't think any of the cravings I normally get, especially for ice cream products, would go away, but for the most part, they did. When I do get the feeling to eat something, it is not so overwhelming, although when I do treat myself to something, it isn't quite as rewarding as it once was either. But it is still a treat.

I thought it might be a good time to list some things we feel are working for us, and what, if anything, isn't working. For me, I think the fact that I haven't been so extreme on this diet is helping. I refuse to eliminate any food entirely, and I refuse to go hungry. If I know I ate less than 1,000 calories one day, I try not to be so strict the next day, as I believe if your body gets used to such a low calorie intake, it will slow down your metabolism. - However, I am not a nutritionist or medical professional, so I cannot confirm this logic as fact.

I think what really helps is that I eat my main meal at noon or the early afternoon. I live with three senior citizens who are used to eating early, so this helps; however, I realize this may not be an option for many, if not most, of us. In the late afternoon, like around 5:00 PM or supper time, I usually have cottage cheese and a fruit. Then at night, I have herbal tea - sometimes with a light snack, but most times the tea itself is enough. But what really helped was cutting out the late night snacking, and when I do have snacks, they are now wiser food choices.

Also, why I am not big on formal exercising, like running every day or going to the gym, I try to stay busy doing regular household activities. I really do want to start walking more, so that is still a goal.

I wish you all well on in your weight loss and/or health maintenance programs, and I would like to hear from you if you feel like posting. Have a good day.