What do you want to learn to make in 2014?

kellee

It's the New Year, so what would you like to learn to make this year?

I have a lot I'd like to learn this year, these are just a few of them.

Needle felting,

Flowers from paper,

Food from polymer clay,

Dolls from clay,

Kellee

Flowers from paper is also on my list

Continue working on dolls from polymer. My wish is for them to look a little more human this year :)

I'd also like to learn how to add fur to miniature dogs and cats and maybe move on to learning how to sculpt and fur my own.

Flowers from paper is also on my list

Continue working on dolls from polymer. My wish is for them to look a little more human this year :)

I'd also like to learn how to add fur to miniature dogs and cats and maybe move on to learning how to sculpt and fur my own.

I want to do stonework in either paperclay or egg carton - or both! I've read all the tutorials, have supplies, and have been saving egg cartons - - just was too busy working on rehab projects for clients. My goal is to "just say no" this year so that I have time to work on several of MY OWN projects! :D

• Like 1

- Punch needle work for mini - used to do RL but haven't tried adapting it for mini yet.

- Glass blowing (dreaming big here - but I saw an ad for some intro classes that sounded wonderful - something I've always been fascinated with)

Wow, all my things have been listed. I got the felt kit, have the clay to make foods,been trying the paper flowers, love the fur on animals. And to add to this very grand

list, I want to learn how to landscape all of my houses.

Gail :bear: (Bear says that I better finish the houses first,boy, what a stick in the mud.)

Would also add doll-making to my list for this year. I was never really "into" having dolls in my houses, but after watching a demonstration on making & dressing edible figures for cakes I thought perhaps I would try the "real" thing! :)

Hmmmm... Well last year I built a half-scale kit (the Rosedale) which was a first for me; this year I think I would like to make alot of progress on my furniture-making skills. I had made one of Kris' kitchen cabinet pieces (http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/) for the Magnolia which you can see here http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=85763. Other than the faucet turning out much too big, I was pleased with the results even though I did it in a hurry! :prop: This year for the Laurel I'd like to spend some time making a full kitchen suite.

Dolls for me. I am planning a reproduction of the big hall in the movie "Moulin Rouge" in a retro 1970's cabinet TV. Lots of interesting characters in that crowd.

Sounds like a great project!

Dolls for me. I am planning a reproduction of the big hall in the movie "Moulin Rouge" in a retro 1970's cabinet TV. Lots of interesting characters in that crowd.

With Toulouse Lautrec in a corner at his easel! When I finally went dancing off into dh dollmaking I used two books:

Making Miniature Dolls /with Polymer Clay by Sue Heaser

1/12 Scale Character Figures for the Dolls' House by James Carrington

In addition check out Richard and Jodi Creagers' site; they have videos to show how they make dolls

• Like 1