All white dollhouse? Has anyone seen....

morgansmith

Some ideas:Gauzy,fluid white curtains,lots of white florals,white soft throws everywhere,a big 'fluffy' bed with white painted 'iron' headboard or white pickets for a headboard,white louver shutters at windows or as room divider,seashells if it's a shoreline build, an accent wall papered in tone on tone whites or silver curliques,etc.on white background. Lots of mirrors to give illusion of more white,white beaded or scrollwork light fixture/chandelier....white pillar candles in a white faux fireplace...don't forget a fluffy white cat or toy poodle! :bigwink:

Sorry to go overboard,Morgan,but I've thought a lot about these things cuz my Cool Breeze's color scheme is mainly snowy white with green/maybe blue accents,medium brown stained veneer floor and green tiled floor. My ceilings are white painted cardboard 'planks' (paint is drying on 1st floor ceiling as I type this.lol) Cinderella Moments has gorgeous white shabby chic builds! You will love the things you find at other places on the net,too! :D

• Like 2

Morgan, I love the sound of your all white Tennyson and I can't wait to see it! I'm not much help with the trims etc but as far a furnishings go I'm thinking textures - like suede,leather,fur,lace etc all of which can be on "normal" furniture but give them that difference and pop. White washed wood could be cool too. Anyway that's just my 10 cents worth.

• Like 2

If it's Victorian it doesn't have to be seashore to go with seashells. Don't forget your offwhites can include peachy ecrus and oatmeal beiges, if they're very, very white; also some offwhites can tend toward blue or green. Portieres, painted floors, white wicker with white-on-white upholstery and white crocheted rugs, white-on-white fancy wallpapers (if you can find suitable scrapbook prints) are all nicely Victorian. You can prime the Chrysnbon kitchen range with flat white primer and paint it white gloss (after it's built, before adding the silvery accents) with aerosol paint to get the smooth, even appearance of enameled iron. White brocade upholstery fabric.

• Like 1

Maybe you could use some textured RL wallpapers and paint them the colors you want to add texture. That way the scale isn't as off. Certainly wicker and stone can be in the white family. Sparkles, iridescent, could be added to just about any plain item you had painted in your color scheme. Tufted rugs and furniture coverings, other plush floor coverings, along with some elegant tapestries might add texture as well. Archways, ceiling medallions, scrolly kinds of woodwork trims, columns, glass tabletops, seed beads might work for adding design elements as well.

Sounds lovely - but in RL I couldn't imagine trying to keep it clean - not with my messy crowd - hahahaha

• Like 2

I feel like every one of you have just sentence by sentence written a perfect article for an all white dollhouse. And exactly as Selkie puts it, I wouldn't want to live there and have to keep it clean. But...I have a great little mouse dollhouse cleaning company that handles my miniature cleaning and no doubt the Tennyson will get a staff of full time mouse housekeepers.

Here's a silly piece of trivia. This will be my first ever build in which I WANT to keep the houses original name. The house has to have an angel theme. I can't escape that. If anyone has name ideas that include Tennyson and don't detract from an angel theme (the name doesn't have to shout or even hint at angel, it just has to work with it) I am all ears. Or eyes as the case may be :)

As for my planning to use the ideas above...I see full potential in every one. I am thinking as holly says the real white beiges but not blues and greens. And as Karin says, possibly a walnut floor to anchor it all. I definitely want earthy. And sparkle and bling...that will be there in an earthy way as well. Like a crystal chandelier or a sparkly rock, that kind of thing. I have given up on finding the white house I saw a few years ago. Another thing about it was that it was very 'real'. Not storybook or cute but elegant, romantic and earthy if that makes sense. The house wasn't necessarily a romantic prairie style but that perfectly describes what I want to build, thank you, Karin!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm late to the all-white party, but I definitely want to be invited.

Based on your description, this one isn't it, but here's another all-white house that caught my eye (and got my imagination going). And it's an all-white dollhouse inside an all-white house.

(Scroll down on the page; the dollhouse starts at photo #8).

http://www.styleroom.se/album/30402

• Like 2

.... but here's another all-white house that caught my eye (and got my imagination going). And it's an all-white dollhouse inside an all-white house.

(Scroll down on the page; the dollhouse starts at photo #8). http://www.styleroom.se/album/30402

Wowzers - I'm in love .... the entire thing is fabulous and to top it off with a white dollhouse in the white house is the cherry on top.

I hope Morgan sees this post. She will love it.

• Like 1

I couldn't live in an all-white house; I have to have color. As soon as we closed on this house, changed the locks and finished scrubbing and vacuuming it floor to ceiling I handed the painter our color chips. DH's office is the soft light tomato red he likes, the guestroom is a lighter shade of soft true blue as our bedroom, the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry rooms are sunshine yellow, the livingroom is a lovely burgundy and the hall is a pale tint of that same burgundy. I couldn't even leave my White Orchid all-white, although I love what Deb did with hers.

I think, to me, the appeal of an all-white dollhouse lies strictly in the artistry of it. It's simply because it is beautiful. White-on-white photography has the same effect.

Like Holly (and others have mentioned), I couldn't live in an all-white house. Due to dirt, but also simply because my eyes need more stimulation; I need more emotion/expression in my home. That said, perhaps that's where some

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

For some reason I always thought that was the Russian Embassy house.

Anyway, here is a white house I found:

attachicon.gifSanFran.jpg

Sorry, you're right, the one I linked to is the Russian Embassy. This one is the McAllister: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/38702878022013355/

(Also sorry to revive an old thread. I've learned a lot more about Jim Marcus's houses after acquiring a Little Belle -- also an all white Victorian! -- and I couldn't stand to leave the mistake uncorrected. I'll be posting a blog or two soon with more info about the Little Belle and other Jim Marcus houses, for those who are interested.)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I love the white dollhouse with shabby chic furniture...I think it looks more realistic than the imitation wood on most dollhouse furniture but I am biass as I love my Shabby Chic Beacon Hill Dollhouse. I have attached 2 pics of a house with a black roof painted all white inside and outside and it looks good. The last pic is my cream and white shabby chic house although it now has a clock tower and artist's studio in the attic. Good luck with the house, love to see the finished item. Cheers Deborah post-64709-0-31158100-1424741677_thumb.jpost-64709-0-45243900-1424741695_thumb.jpost-64709-0-59485700-1424741835_thumb.j

• Like 1