Official Spring Fling 2012 Update (merged topic)

Nope, no dremel in prison! ;) my lighthouse is starting to holler about that greenhouse would be soooo purr-fect as a sun room, not sure about the size and if it would fit...

Hugs

If it doesn't fit exactly, it looks easy enough to cut out a section of the middle of the greenhouse and then glue it back together to make it more narrow. That's a simple bash. You'd have a smaller greenhouse but it would fit up against one of the flat sides of the lighthouse just right. I've been contemplating the same type of modification to the greenhouse to create a nice little "garden window" on the kitchen window of my Pierce. I'd adore one of those in real life but since I can't have it, I'll just do what I always do and make one in miniature instead. LOL!!

Deb

See, I think that is exactly why the lighthouse is soooo pushy about this as well, and the bashing part is just what I had in my mind's eye as well...

This is just soooooo much fun! And with it being laser cut it cuts the shipping cost as well, right?!!? :D Hehehe....

Hugs

OK - it is now officially past closing time on the East Coast - the Spring Fling is not here yet - I am not :nono: coming back until Monday. No! I am not!! :no: Well, maybe just for a very quick peek at the forum and the blog! :bookread: I could just lurk for awhile, if I'm not too busy. :hidebhind:

Yeah, the first blog post from the 20th said it would be released this week. Oh well. I will be happy to see it when it does appear, but the wait at this point kind of makes my interest wane. Guess that's proof of a short attention span. :D

I feel I should comment here. As someone who has won top awards for designing nationally known marketing programs and contests AND, for those who believe in this, I was born the same date (yes, I'm older) as Dean. Throughout the years I have found we 'Taurean's' are often like this.

The Spring Fling inspires Dean as much as it does us. If he planned a kit, had it ready and released it on the first day of spring every year we wouldn't get anything even half as exciting. Dean is I have no doubt, going bonkers trying to give us the best of the best of the best of all kinds of FRESH inspiration. Seriously, how many people with different interests have a place like Greenleaf, with a DEAN!

This is not an ad for Greenleaf :) I am just really impressed that Dean took brand new inspiration, at the last minute, and ran with it. We are sooooooooo lucky to love miniatures. This contest is one of the world's best kept secrets and not very many of us know about it. Greenleaf is among the last of its kind.

Deb, Tracy, Holly, someone in the know, correct me if I am wrong. Please. I'm going nuts too but am getting MORE excited. A month from now we'll all be knee deep in building.

• Like 1

Morgan, mine is on the 11th I was supposed to be born the same day as you n Dean according to my Dad :lol: Dean does love Spring! It is a month and time of year that makes him feel inspired. We had that discussion several times in the past. I think a lot of us feel that way. Especially if we live in an area that have SNOW <_<

This kit is Wonderful. I just can't wait to touch it, feel it, smell it and BUILD it :wub:

Deb and Holly, I think you all remember how I almost Lost fingers working with just a hobby knife. Power tools are things I don't play with while home alone. I'm dangerous with those things :)

• Like 1

I am new to this site, not miniatures, just the site. The SF sounds like fun and all of you make it even more so because of your fun conversations about the kit, Dean and Greenleaf. Hope it is revealed soon, I am gettig older by the minute. I have many projects but this is starting to make me want to put all off the craft table and just sit there with tape, an xcto, and glue waiting waiting and more waiting. Oh I may as well, keep working on the Haunted House just to keep me busy and away from the computer, its across the room . . Will they now wait until Monday?

The Spring Fling inspires Dean as much as it does us. If he planned a kit, had it ready and released it on the first day of spring every year we wouldn't get anything even half as exciting. Dean is I have no doubt, going bonkers trying to give us the best of the best of the best of all kinds of FRESH inspiration. Seriously, how many people with different interests have a place like Greenleaf, with a DEAN!

This is not an ad for Greenleaf :) I am just really impressed that Dean took brand new inspiration, at the last minute, and ran with it. We are sooooooooo lucky to love miniatures. This contest is one of the world's best kept secrets and not very many of us know about it. Greenleaf is among the last of its kind.

So true! I keep saying this, too, that there is just no place like Greenleaf! I'm on several other forums and groups, but I don't stay there long. Funny thing is, the more I visit other groups, the more I appreciate Greenleaf. This one is "home" and I hope they can keep it going indefinitely.

And I can hardly wait to see the marvel Dean has come up with. I know I don't have a ghost of a chance of winning, but it's always fun to keep trying :)

Some of the best things in my life have happened because I found this forum. The proudest days of my life have been the direct result of coming here and learning from the members.........and then developing close and genuine friendships with the people I've met here. Some of the most important people in my life are sitting behind their keyboards nodding in agreement right now. I have a brother now who is the most generous and caring person on the planet, a sister that I talk to for at least three or four hours every week as we share the joys and sorrows and stresses and laughs of each other's lives; another sister who is so open and honest and understanding, and we're so much alike that it's just eerie; another sister who watches out for me and gives me sage advice and always knows how to help me put things into perspective.............and the list goes on and on. These are people who have a place in my real life world, not just my online miniature world. Most of all, they have a place in my heart and I'd do anything in the world for them. They're the family that I never had and always wanted.

The 'Fling is one way for all of us here in the Greenleaf community to connect with each other. We get to build the same kit together and yet no two houses look the same. They're like snowflakes. The anticipation is part of the fun as we psych each other up and flex our creative muscles to warm them up. We spend a lot of time day dreaming about what our dream house would be and the little teaser pics get those mental images all ramped up! Later on sharing ideas and trying to fill in the blanks in every one else's posts is even more fun because by that time we're all a little sleep deprived and, well, playing Fill In The Blank with sleep deprived miniaturists means a lot of giggling is going to happen. I love the virtual parties we have too. It's just sooo much fun and some of you might notice that it's lured me out of a horrible slump and I'm finding my way back to being myself again. That's a whole lot for one little kit to do!

Oops, I got all mushy again. Sorry about that. I know what we need! We need a diversion while we wait for Dean to finish up the final details. Usually we do a sing-along or something like that to distract ourselves and that's always fun. If you've never done it, it's easy (It's also a lot more entertaining if you consume the libation of your choice first). One person starts a song that most everyone would know and then someone else posts the next couple of lines of the lyrics, and someone else does a couple more and so on and so on. When we get to the end of a song, someone starts another one. Ready?

~~~~ Little darlin', it's been a long, cold, lonely winter.

Little darlin', it feels like years since it's been spring....................

Little darlin' it's time to be a flinging! Little darlin' let's get the imagination swinging. O.k. 3am time for bed. Too tired for flinging or swinging as you can tell by my lyrics. Lol.

♪Little darlin', you see my desk I'm slowly cleaning♪..Little darlin', it seems like years since its been clear♪...(hehehe)

♪Here comes the Fling (do dee do do)..♪Here comes Fling♪ ..and I say,.. it's alright♪

Fling, fling hear us sing. Come on Dean show us more. Fling, fling hear us sing. Can't wait to see the kit in the store. Fling, fling hear us sing.

Looks like we're the only sleepless ones here Deb.

I have not entered a Spring Fling, or any other contest since I am fairly new to miniatures, but the waiting for me is part of the excitement I just love how we are all chafing to get going!

Sarah, don't let that stop you! We were all new once and because I don't know everything yet, I still consider myself a newbie :) c'mon and Fling with us :wave:

Deb, I think you hit the nail in the wall! It's bonding time for us. We all get to enjoy our time building the same house together. Many of us has been knowing each other for a long time and have established relationships. Then we meet new friends and it just make the entire experience even more fun and exciting. Teaching, learning, building and bonding. That's Spring Fling here :wub: