Victorian Cottage Jr. Floors

Hello Everyone,

I have been away from dollhousing for awhile but just got the Victorial Cottage Jr. special edition kit. It comes with grooved floors already and I am just wondering if I have to do anything to finish them or simply leave them as they are? They seem to have a very thin layer of varnish already and was wondering if anyone else doing the project ran into the same issue?

• 1 month later...

The reason to put on a finish is to protect the flooring from being torn during construction (I am a masking tape wild-man!), or from paint drips.

I use a non-woven abrasive pad like "Scotch-Brite" to take the shine off these floors before finishing (I use PolyShades too when I want them darker). As Roxxie said, be very gentle!! One interesting suggestion I haven't tried yet is a crumpled brown paper bag for the gentlest prep for urethane.

Edited by doc

Actually the brown paper bag gives such a lovely patina I usually don't put anything else on my floors; and wait until you use it to finish a turning on the lathe! Wow, is it ever smooth & satiny!