Another prayer request for our niece

chellebelle

We got the news this morning that the family decided to donate Amy's organs and tissue and Life Bank will make arrangements for that, so the ventilator is on, but she's gone. She will live on through those gifts of life.

Then the coroner will decide if he wants to take the case. No cause of death has been determined. The family wants an autopsy for sure.

Michelle, no need to apologize. You and your family have been under enormous pressure for the past several days. Our prayers go out to the family in the hope that they can find a level of comfort in the thought that their loved one will live on in others. Death is never easy for those left behind, and when it is an unexpected death, it is all the more difficult.

I'm still at work and shouldn't be online but had to check in. So sorry, Michelle, for your loss, and for the whole family. So many things we don't have answers for. Continueing prayers for your family.

Michelle: I am so very sorry for the loss of Amy. Prayers to continue for you and your family. May you find some respite from the profound grief in the lives that Amy will change with the organ donations.

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry. It's hard to understand sometimes why things like this happen, especially to someone so young. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. You have been under so much stress lately, I'm worried about you and your health. If there is anything at all I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Prayers going up now for you.

I'm so sorry to hear about all this.

Our prayers go with you and your family at this time.

These things never seem to make sense in this life.

Our hope is to understand it all by and by.

<<<Mini Hugs >>>

Thank you all for your prayers and kindness. The calling hours are Friday, and the service and burial on Saturday.

I would like to share a very good idea with all of you that came out of this. Amy left behind a husband, a 5 year old son, and a 3 year old daughter. After everything is over, and he is ready to, he will go back to work and take care of his children as best he can. His family very thoughtfully signed him up on a website called mealtrain.com. I have never heard of it before, but it's a site that family and friends go on to volunteer to cook dinner for him and the kids. It schedules what day you want to cook, and what you want to serve. I think that's quite clever, and while I haven't done so yet, I plan to check it out soon. Something to keep in mind if someone you know needs it. Everyone wants to bring food in the first days after a death, but this is for all the long months to come while he tries to find his way as a single working father. Thanks, Michelle

We spent Thurs afternoon with Dan's sister Valerie and Marc (Amy's mother and father) and Dan's mother who flew up from Fla. Quite a few other family members came and went, and all seemed to be holding up ok. Friday was an all day event. Calling hours were both afternoon and evening, and many of us went to a local eatery for a much needed break in between the 2. It was standing room only at both showings. It was closed casket because her children were there. However, the parents and husband did view her before anyone else could go in. I know the children didn't really understand, but Keith seemed to take great comfort in holding them.

The service and burial was yesterday, and once again, standing room only. She was so very loved, and touched many lives. They had planned to release a dove to symbolize her returning home, but we got hit with a bad snowstorm here in northeast Ohio, so they released balloons instead. Keith's family provided a catered lunch afterwards.

I checked out the mealtrain site, and I'm signing up for next month, I figured by then most people will have already done their's so it will be needed more then.

Thank you all for your support during this painful time.