Peacock Feather Plant

heidiiiii

I posted a pic in gallery of almost finished entryway and I wanted to share my planter idea.

The planter is a wooden candleholder. I filled it with rice. I clipped off strands of peacock feather in groups and taped the bottoms. I stuck them into the rice. There are three batches in there. Then I poured tacky glue inside to hold it all together. (I thinned it out a lil bit). I havent decided if I am going to paint the rice or not.

Heidi,

Very Cool! As I was reading I couldn't picture what it would look like but that is one cool plant! I've got some peakock feathers too - I think I"m going to have to try making one for one of my houses - it looks Great!

- David <_<

Thanks. It just came to me last night. Nat was playing with the cat with the peacock feather and it was seeing it`s last days (the feather not the cat). I thought that it would be neat to use the individual feathers in a planter. Then I was like okay what can i use to hold them in. The rest is history.

Oh seasonal concepts. Yep I got an extra grand to get that grill that is on clearance! hahahaha

Feather: $1.00 Candle holder: $.20 Rice: $.05 Victorian Look: Priceless

ahhh you are beginning to see the mini light!

where everday items take on a whole new life in your miniature world

congratulations!

I love it! it certainly adds a lil sompin sompin to the room!

gonna show miss Thang and I bet she will want one.

wonder where ya get peacock feathers? and how many pots can you fill with one?

good job!

nutti <_<

wonder where ya get peacock feathers? and how many pots can you fill with one?

good job!

nutti <_<

I bought mine from a garden/pet shop but I have seen them in Petco. People buy them to play with their cats. I didnt even use half of the feathers in this one pot. I can imagine if you used the same size, you could easily get 3 but even more if the pots were smaller.

I posted a pic in gallery of almost finished entryway and I wanted to share my planter idea.

The planter is a wooden candleholder. I filled it with rice. I clipped off strands of peacock feather in groups and taped the bottoms. I stuck them into the rice. There are three batches in there. Then I poured tacky glue inside to hold it all together. (I thinned it out a lil bit). I havent decided if I am going to paint the rice or not.

How cool!!

Kathy

I used rice grains & sesame seeds to decorate a case clock I made from a kit and I painted then gold and varnished the wazoo out of them & bugs still ate my rice grains & sesame seeds. Now I "plant" in styrofoam with LOTS of glue.