the garrison mansion

rojam18801

well new guy ron here and i told ya i was starting a new stick built house. finally got started. here is the first picture. so far the sill plate is in, the floor joist's are set and a truck load of boards setting on top fresh from my tablesaw ron

garrisonmansion.jpg

I would say "another convert!" but you're the earliest dollhouse framer I've ever heard of. All the same, welcome to the GL framers club. Is this a replica, or your own design?

Can't wait to see more pics.

I'm so impressed with your work, Ron. I'm frequently asked to build dollhouse replicas of peoples houses which would require stick building. All I can say is, You couldn't pay me enough money to do that! I'm really looking forward to following your progress!

Nonnie

little more done now. got the sub floor all on in this picture. the hard wood floors will go on top of sub floor. i started on the stone foundation, post pictures when that is done. also started cutting the studs and plates for the first floor. i was going to build it original victorian but i was looking at what i have so far and think i will modernize to this time period. like you say on here it was talking to me all ready. it wants to have a deck with sliding doors and small addition for a bigger bathroom. post more pictures soon...ron

garrisonmansion2.jpg

jeremy...i just find a house that i like and start to build it. there are no plans and i only got to see the front of this house. i design the rest in my head. layout the rooms, doors ,windows, just all of it where i want it. i even change it as i go along. it's the same thing i did when i used to build full size homes for people. it makes for a better house and my customers were always happy. and it makes me proud to say, yep i built that one...ron

foundation is now finished and still cutting plates and studs for framing the first floor. my guess is about 300 studs for just the first floor and maybe 1200 scale ft of plates. plates are the 2x4 that run along the top and bottom of walls. got to take a break as my fingers are sore from sanding all the blocks for the foundation. they were hard to hang onto...ron

garrisonmanison3.jpg

i have the first floor framed up and ready to start the second floor. i even added the addition i was thinking about. it just needed a larger bathroom. never had to put a addition on a house that was'nt even built yet !!! thanks for all the nice comments...ron

80778316.jpg

Moving quickly there Ron! I'll have to retire to catch up with your speed. Does the house split into sections? How will you see the individual rooms?

If I may make a suggestion- it would be great if you started a gallery to show your progress. Eventually you will run out of file space to post pics within the thread.

hey jeremy...how you doin... the first and second floor and the roof will be pinned together with wooden dowels. there are walls that lift or slide out, they are tack glue'ed in right now while i frame everything. that way it stay's straight and level until the glue set's. i tend to work faster then the glue set's. later on you will see the walls that have to come out. i love inside of the attic when it's done, you can see the back side of the ceiling lath and plaster show's there, i leave board;s in the attic so the little people can walk around and store weird stuff up there....ron

Edited by rojam18801