the garrison mansion

rojam18801

A Few Updates Since Green Leaf Has Been Down, Got The Front Siding Work Done (Not Painted Yet), but i think it will turn out great!, here is a before and after photo, so u can really see the difference....Ron

14052d1302104470-garrison-house-200888_190761417633465_181271365249137_432469_422977_o.jpg

14053d1302104486-garrison-house-200888_190761424300131_181271365249137_432470_465101_o.jpg

When I saw your first post my initial reaction was...I'd kill for his space his tools. Now that I've watched the progress of this house I have to add skill to that list, major skill :construction: . I'm just flat awed. The herringbone floor is amazing, I never would have thought to lay the floor that way (can't get my head outside the box). But I can promise that floor is going in my current project somewhere. Excellent work, keep the pics coming I'm dying to see what you do next.

judith...you cant have my shop, tools, but you can get my skill. the herringbone floor is just small pieces all the same size. i cut them on table saw with a jig. 1/4 inch by 1 inch. they must be the same exact size or it wont work. start in the middle of the room and work outward. you have to work fast until the pieces start laying together. use a slow setting glue. when you start it and have any questions i'll be here...ron

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_6257_4874_899784.jpg

have a few updates that i thought i'd share w/ everybody because not all visit my gallery, so i shall share it here as well,..for my most updates you can always visit my facebook page..

i have all the doors made for the garrison,some in installed, some are not,..i do have to buy hinges for them all yet.and prob door handles as well,

the 2nd story has also been plastered and all windows are now installed,

The chimney is about completed

spindles are being added on as we speak - no photo's yet.

it's all coming along great!, :)

Ron.

gallery_6257_4874_817582.jpg

I have got most the 1st floor walls plastered, can't finish the remaining untill the fire place is in,..but i can wait , here's a view photo's..

I absolutely love this these floors and this house. The patience it took to design and lay these floors just blows me away.:thumb:

thanks :), it took a few days on some of them but they look outstanding,.. ill be adding a few photo's tomorrow morning-ish,.. its a huge difference from the last time i added photo's ..i think anyways (ron's son), hope yall think the same :)

holly, just read your post again, you asked about the window frame. sorry. the frame is routed out with a jig i made for the table saw. i make lot's of jig's for near everything....ron