Half Scale Bungalow!!

Sherry

Go to their FB page and scroll down to the pictures of them working on the porch of the 1/12 one. It's in that group of pictures, so click on the link and you'll see it sitting beside the large one. Still a prototype and they're asking for any suggestions on it.

Wow, neat. I have yet to build a RGT house, but this is one I'd consider.

While they're at it, I'd love a half scale version of the Contemporary Ranch. I bought the 1:12 kit years ago and it's still unassembled... just don't have the space for it!

Someone expressed a concern about the Bungalow's room sizes being a bit on the small side, so I wonder about it in 1:24... The only RGT house that has ever called my name was the 1:24 Thornhill, but even in that scale it's 'way out of my budget!

I wish Greenleaf would release a 1:24 Brookwood!

Holly, you just have to wait until Ernie has a 40% off sale to get them...or win a gift certificate like I just did from RGT! I am saving the few dollars more I need, and then I order the Franklin Street to make my seedy hotel idea into reality!

Now I'm envisioning a half-scale version of all of the kits RGT makes.....I already have the half-scale Thornhill, but it would be so great if they made a half-scale Queen Anne and a half-scale Newport. I'd buy them all!

Join the club! I have houses all over the house and still have to walk around them in my craft room. That duracraft sitting in the middle of the floor tries to trip me up every time I go in there...guess she wants to be on a table, being repaired!

• 4 weeks later...

RGT half scale bungalow will be available at the end of Sept.

Well, that's what they said anyways(in case anyone is interested)...I love it and can't wait to see what the price of it will be...hopefully I can save my pennies, nickels and dimes for it!!!

Did you read this on the FB page??

Ooooh....I hope it's true. I really like that house but don't think I want a full-size version. Half-scale would be PERFECT!!

Did you read this on the FB page??

Nope, I called!!! :) I think I ended up talking to one of the girls that is working on the full scale size that they are doing on FB...cause she was all excited that I follow her progress...She said that they should be ready for shipment the end of Sept., but that the release date will be posted to FB too... :p

Now I'm envisioning a half-scale version of all of the kits RGT makes.....I already have the half-scale Thornhill, but it would be so great if they made a half-scale Queen Anne and a half-scale Newport. I'd buy them all!

This would be wonderful if I could purchase all the items I love to buy for my houses in 1/2". A half scale Queen Anne and Foxhall Manor, oh boy I would replace all my 1" scale houses. But finding "quality" 1/2 scale accessories is a challenge. I have collected quite a bit of half scale Bespaq and just love it - it is so darn cute. And I have a lot of wonderful 1/2 scale wallpaper. But one thing I am not finding is nice lighting fixtures (an addiction of mine). I have been told by three Premier Bespaq dealers that Bespaq is discontinuing their current line of 1/2 scale furniture and will be bringing out a new line of 1/2 scale in the future. Of course knowing Bespaq this could be a few years down the road. I was advised to order any current pieces before they are all gone. I have gotten some pretty good discounts doing so. Yes, more 1/2 scale houses would be wonderful but more 1/2 scale goodies to fill them would be even better.

Valerie

Valerie, if you haven't already, check out this thread for some ideas about where to find half scale items. They're not as prevalent as 1:12 but in the ~6 years since I've started working in half scale, the selection has definitely grown. Hopefully it just keeps getting better!

Take a look at The Lighting Bug for lights. They're a little pricey but the fixtures are very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I give up. I guess I need to join facebook. I have a couple of questions:

Do I just join? Do I have to say anything about myself?

Why are stores having their own facebook site? I really don't understand that part.

Thanks in advance.

Why are stores having their own facebook site? I really don't understand that part.

Thanks in advance.

I will 'invite' you to join via your email. You can do it Mary!! I just know you can!!

Thanks in advance.

Mary, you don't actually have to join Facebooj to visit RGT's or HBS' pages. Just go to their websites and click on the Facebook icon on their homes pages. You won't be able to post but you can read, etc.

Valerie