I wallpapered today!!

JaimieMarvon

First Hubby let me "sleep in" until about 9:15 when our son (almost 4) started singing very loudly to one of his favorite TV shows. Once I was up we talked about a "game plan". We knew it was going to be a miserable day with heavy rain so it was an inside day for the most part. We are teaching Jayce (son) how to play by himself. He's got so many toys! We don't have to be the ones to entertain him all the time. He did real well and with Hubby's (J.T.) help I was able to do a bunch on the house today!!

First I took my roof off... (if you remember my Garfield is built "special" so that I can remove sections so that I can get it out of my house if we ever get about to finding a REAL house to move to!) and painted the underside a priner coat of white that I guess I never did before this. I thought everyting was primed! (or is that primmed? :D)

I then went searching for my spray mount/adhesive and the wallpaper that I printed out from the computer for my kitchen, along with the litte border that I intricately cut so that it was a wavy border and not straight (more character) :lol:. I painted the bay window area in a coordinating color because I knew it would be way too hard to wallpaper. I'm quire pleased at how it turned out. all the little rough spots will be covered by base board or ceiling mouldings, etc.

post-592-1151290190_thumb.jpg Isn't it cute??? I loved the combination I can wait to make little yellow dish towles and such!

After lunch, since my little guy and my big guy were playing nicely by themselves (watching NASCAR), I decided to try to get some more wallpapering done. I already had the back section off the house so I figured that I should continue to the next level room: the teenage girl's room. The wall paper is actual wallpaper. It is a Purple with brush stroke type lines in it. The pic does not do the color justice adn itr wil look much better decorated.

post-592-1151290097_thumb.jpg Not sure what is goig to happen with the closets yet. Maybe make them into recessed book shelves.

The second room went so easily and quickly that I figured I'd might as well get eh third floor bedroom done as well! So I got out the wallpaper border that I bought at the dollar store many months ago and started putting it up. I still have to coordinate the section that will be on the underside of the ceiling but it'll be failr easy to get to since the roof is not attached.. My Husband said the wallpaper made the room look "Brady-ish". My vision is the bunk beds with a denim-type beadspreads or curtains, since closeup the wallpaper looks like a demin texture.

post-592-1151291035_thumb.jpg

Now this last part is mostly for Glen, since I had complimented him about his kitchen in one of his posts adn I even said I was thinking about stealing his idea. Well, I did. My own "twist" on it. I couldn't open the whole area becasue I had already wired by the doorway. Notice my inspiration in my photo? A print out of the pic Glen took of his finihsed kitchen/breakfast bar area. THANKS GLEN!!!

post-592-1151290156_thumb.jpg post-592-1151290135_thumb.jpg post-592-1151290118_thumb.jpg

I started the cutting of the wall but asked Hubby to finish as it made me nervous. I didn't think I was controllig it very well. My first time using the dremel router attachment. It looks a bit crooked in the picture its just an optical illusion from the wallpaper and angle the photo was taken. It will look much better once the walls are all in place and there is moulding aroufn the new breakfast bar window. I promise I will not let Glen's inspiratin go to shame! :lol: I am very please with how this turned out as well. Now people cooking in the kitchen will be able to be a part of the main house and not away from all the family. :lol:

post-592-1151290075_thumb.jpg

:D Ooh Jaimie, just love the wallpaper. I have the yellow check paper in my kitchen also. Haven't seen you on the site in a while. I'm sure you have been busy with company. Sometimes a rainy weekend is good, especially when building a dollhouse. We had to go to a wedding up in the Boston area this weekend so didn't get to "play" with my Garfield at all. I have to take some updated pictures of mine. I want to show you what I did with those closets in the 2nd floor bedroom.

Jaimie your garfield is coming along beautifully. The idea of making the sections removable was great, I know how hard it is to move one. When the time came to move mine from my dad's to my house I had my doubts about getting it in the door to where our game room is (or as DH calls it now the dh room :lol: ).

I wonder what it is about the kitchen in this house. It must scream 'YELLOW' because that's the color I have :D . My wallpaper is yellow and white stripes and in the white it has yellow hearts. I guess great minds think alike when it comes to minis :lol: :lol: .

Keep up the great work.

Annette :lol:

How smart to be able to dismantle some of the parts to wallpaper. Your wallpaper choice is adorable. Wallpapering my house will be difficult since I never tried it and with the roof on ect. there well not be alot of space. I should have left the roof off. Oh well, maybe house number 2 will be easier.

Very nice Jamie.

Hats off to anyone brave enough to cut into a kit they know works as it is.

Very flattering of you to say I inspired you. Good to know I'm not the only one gleaning ideas by looking at others work.

Does open up the rooms doesn't it.

Adding lights???

Cheers

Glen

Very nice Jamie.

Hats off to anyone brave enough to cut into a kit they know works as it is.

Very flattering of you to say I inspired you. Good to know I'm not the only one gleaning ideas by looking at others work.

Does open up the rooms doesn't it.

Adding lights???

Cheers

Glen

yes, cutting the hole was very scarey. But I figured that if I didn't like it I could alwasy put the cut out piece back in adn spackle it back together! ha ha

It does open up the house wonderfully, as well as what I will be doing with the stairs for the Garfiled once I get to that stage. Open floor plans are actually the way to go for more modern houses it seems.

Yes. Lights are being added. just one in each room I think. The wallpaper is hiding the tapewire nicely. but not so much that I can't run my fingers on teh walls to figure out where they are! LOL :D

I took the day off work on Friday to give myself a 5 day weekend. Since Friday will be my only day alone I think I may spend most of it wallpapering the rest of the rooms! :o

I LOVE the blue striped paper!!!! So Fun!!!

AS soon as I found that in the $ store I grabbed it! I was already envisioning where it was going and how the room woudl be done. Once the furniture is in it won't be so BOLD STRIPE. It will blend nicely.