Need a little inspiration?

bookmarm

how about a walkabout in the 'Holy City' of Charleston SC?

We took a daytrip down to see the Tall Ships come into the harbor. Took some photos of some modest little real estates along the Battery....

Also visited a VERY nice dollhouse/mini store!

Down side was that it was a gazillion degrees/humidity levels outside, and drove home between tornado warnings in torrential rain.

But, had a swell day with hubby and met up with best friends for eating frenzy

post-2290-1246161339_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1246161350_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1246161378_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1246161395_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1246161408_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1246161437_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Gayle, for the pics of the battery....makes me wonder why I ever moved from there....I miss it.......is that Two Meeting? A friend of mine owned that several years ago....

Elicia, not sure of the house numbers. I was snapping between lightening bolts for the final round and Jim was giving me the 'stink-eye'. We were in a really scary storm coming home as far as Holly Hill. A lightening bolt hit so close to our car that we could feel the heat from the radiation! I have NEVER been that close to a storm before!

So you've probably visited Miniature Memories shop?

We did get to eat at the Variety Shop near the Marina and Mistral for dinner near the Market

Ah, Rainbow Row! DH & I did the K of C Gobble Wobble & Turkey Trot 5k walk/ run at Thanksgiving one year; DS#2 & his wife ran it last year. Isn't Joanne's store wonderful? I just wish she carried kits & building supplies. Were you there long enough to drool over Alice Zinn's circus? Where'd you eat? Our favorite eatery is The Trianble on US 17 SW of the Ashley.

Holly, I DID love the store, and we had a very nice time chatting with the ladies there. That circus was amazing!! If I won the lottery, I'd probably head down to the store first! I love artisan crafted furniture, and there were some wonderful pieces! There was a game table and a cellarette I swooned over! I have never seen so much Bespaq, in case someone out there is a devoted collector. I had no idea you could buy unfinished Bespaq! Still, my favorites were the artisan goodies!

We ate lunch at the Variety Store near the Marina. It's been there for years and was a favorite of my In-Laws when they had a house on Seabrook. Shared appetizers of bacon wrapped scallops, broiled shrimp, and red rice. Drank gallons of water before heading down to the sweltering harbor. Supper was at a small French restaurant near the Market called Mistral. It's cool, quiet, not crowded, and has luscious stuff! Seafood crepes/bouillabaisse/crab cakes and shrimp/a too die for triple chocolate torte. We had a grand dry white wine with supper. Went back and lounged on our friends' beds in the Harborview Hotel (LOVELY place!) and watched the weather channel play-by-play on the tornado warning till the rain subsided enough to get to our car. The tornado was nearer to Summerville, but we really drove through some intense cells.

Ate too well, but this was a much needed mini-vacation.

hmmm...food sounds grand....miss that style of cooking a lot....love the shop....had never been there until I had to go to Charleston to pick up a rehab and stopped in there....spent several hours....very inspiring......BUT......glad I wasn't living there yesterday...that tornado would have been too close for comfort for me.....I came up to Cola to visit my daughter once and unknowingly chased a tornado back to Charleston...finally realized something was going on from all the debris on the interstate and turned on the local station in Charleston to get a blow by blow report so I knew exactly when it hit my backyard....at least I wasn't surprised when I got home...

Sounds like a well deserved trip with lots of fun and good food....also makes me think I need to schedule another trip there soon....

I love Charleston, one of my favorite cities. We usually go for a weekend once a year. Last year we went in June as well and the heat was just miserable. This year we decided to wait until November or December. Savannah isn't far from there so it doesn't take long. I didn't even realize they had a mini shop when I went last year, I will be sure not to miss it this year.

About 20 or more years ago, I actually cross-stitched Rainbow Row for my ex-husband. He wanted it in the divorce but NO WAY, that thing took forever and has been a focal point in every house I have lived since then.

Rainbow Row and the Last Supper, my 2 favorite cross stitch projects I have done. I need to take a picture and add them to the gallery.

Well thanks.....I just ruined my best sweatshirt drooling over those photos! Now what do I do? Beautiful beautiful homes there, and the tall ships are fabulous!

I wish we'd had better weather to walk the Battery and take more photos. Many of the houses are for sale, ya'll! Better have a pretty chubby piggybank!

It really is a beautiful city. I love to just walk and look at the old gardens, churches and cemeteries. Downside is that when it rains, the streets flood easily. Negotiating out last night, we drove through some scary depths of water.

Such wonderful pkotos to share with us! Thank you. I have been in Charleston,SC

only once. It was in 2006 when we were flying back to CT from TX-before I moved here,

and we had an unexpected stop in Orlando and Charleston...both for about an hour and of coarse we couldn't leave the plane. I was livid! I had paid to fly straight through but

instead of three or four hours it took us TWELVE hours to get to CT.

I do remember looking out the plane window and dying because I knew Charleston had beautiful areas-Orlando too.I at least wanted to see Cinderella's Castle looming out of the clouds.Well phooey..it was a crummy trip home.But that was long ago.

Thanks again for the pics!! :)