Travel doll project is moving along

Elsbeth

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving all that Emma has been doing at your house. Awesome that you talked that hunk of a fellow into having his pic taken with her. What a great sport, as well as handy and handsome.

It's only because I pay his bills, LOL! That's my son. He's pretty tolerant of my dollhouse stuff, so long as I don't try to put a dollhouse in his room, that is....

I love the pictures. i'm glad that she got there. Had me worried for awhile. I was afraid that it was another Molly D. Moose incident. Still can't elieve that she never made it back here at home. It looks like everyone is having a blast with Emma. She sure does like the horses and babies doesn't she!!

im glad she got to nc safely that was a disaster we are having problems with our post office here in town they keep losing mail (they lost an intire bag of tax payments need less to say there were alot of unhappy people in town) and damiging it. so fedex was the best way to go for her glad she made it this time and is enjoying her trip. :p

Sorry I didn't get to post Emma's adventures yesterday. I had quite an interesting day. My car has been not running for two weeks, and I had been driving my truck. I came home for lunch yesterday and when I went back outside to get in my truck to go back to work, the truck would not crank....so I dealt with that all day. The good news is that both vehicles are now running again, but I was up very late dealing with all that.

Now, on to Emma.

Yesterday, Emma decided to pay a visit to the barn. As you all know by now, Emma absolutely loves horses and children, and both were at the barn, as well as a burro, chickens, pigs, and other assorted critters.

post-6-1253017861_thumb.jpg

And then, Emma met Jack, and it was an instant love at first sight! Guess we should have figured she would fall for those tall dark and handsome types.

post-6-1253017882_thumb.jpg

Emma hung around the barn for most of the day and helped Jack with his chores at the barn and with grooming the horses.

post-6-1253018219_thumb.jpg

After chores were done, Jack took Emma on a carriage ride until evening. After he unhooked the horses, he helped Emma down from the carriage.

post-6-1253017899_thumb.jpg

Jack has decided to remain with Emma and to "assist" her in visiting various people that he knows here. Actually, I'm kinda greatful because the two of them have been a tremendous help in helping me to build the lighthouse.

post-6-1253017932_thumb.jpg

And, where Jack is strong and can move windows around with ease, Emma is a wizard at painting!

post-6-1253017948_thumb.jpg

More pix in my gallery.

Today Emma and Jack took a trip back into time to visit with the O'Cuillen's in their Medieval Millhouse.

post-6-1253065918_thumb.jpg

They were greeted by Seamus and his wife, Aisling, who is pregnant with their second child. A feast worthy of a king was laid out for their enjoyment. They were also joined by a neighbor, who is well known for her gossiping tendencies. Jack was very much in awe of the weapons that lay about, and Seamus had to explain all of their uses to him.

post-6-1253066202_thumb.jpg

Emma, upon discovering that the O'Cuillen's youngest child, a girl (Aisling is now pregnant with their son) was upstairs and she went and visited her there, and met their maid.

post-6-1253066252_thumb.jpg

Once Emma and Jack returned, Jack had to go out on the range to find a wild stallion who was out with two of his mares and some foals, and Emma went along to help him. A storm was moving in, so they needed to find them and bring them back in.

post-6-1253066334_thumb.jpg

Emma and Jack had to travel a long distance....

post-6-1253066418_thumb.jpg

And upon cresting a hill, they located the stallion, his mares and foals....

post-6-1253066505_thumb.jpg

The stallion was a bit concerned, but soon understood that Jack and Emma meant them no harm.

post-6-1253066505_thumb.jpg

Jack and Emma managed to round them up to take them back to the barn and corrals closer to home for safety from the storm.

post-6-1253066564_thumb.jpg

More pix in my gallery...

Today Jack took Emma to visit with his neighbors at the Tennyson.

post-6-1253152302_thumb.jpg

She and Jack hung out with the owners and had a wonderful long visit with them.

post-6-1253152427_thumb.jpg

Of course, Emma can't sit idle and ended up helping with the kitchen.

post-6-1253152461_thumb.jpg

Emma visited with the baby upstairs, and then went up to the attic to the schoolroom there and assisted the tutor and visited with all the children there.

post-6-1253152497_thumb.jpg

More pix in my gallery....

I want to Thank Elsbeth, and all the forum folk who have hosted Emma during her travels, and put so much effort into giving us such wonderful pics. We had so much fun when Emma was here, that even my "not- really mini fans" family members, have been asking to see the new pics as they are posted. So Thanks to all! Those brief minutes that all 4 of us, (DH too) join in simultaneously to look at pics together, just make me smile, and feel warm and fuzzy. LOL It's like watching a soap opera, and we love it!

Sorry I didn't get to post for Emma yesterday, and I'm leaving town right after work, so I won't get to post again today. Anyhow...

Yesterday Emma went to visit the Townhouse.

post-6-1253301575_thumb.jpg

She had a great time visited with everyone, and Jack is really enjoying his host role.

post-6-1253301590_thumb.jpg

Of course, since there were children in the kitchen having a snack, Emma and Jack went to visit them as well.

post-6-1253301599_thumb.jpg

Emma got to tour the house, and she of course visited the nursery, as well as the little girl and little boy's rooms.

post-6-1253301620_thumb.jpg

post-6-1253301627_thumb.jpg

post-6-1253301638_thumb.jpg

More pix in my gallery.

Sorry I haven't been able to update Emma's travels! It's been a crazy weekend...

Anyhow, Emma and Jack went and visited at the Van Buren.

post-6-1253577725_thumb.jpg

Emma and Jack also walked around outside in the garden areas and all around the gazebo.

post-6-1253577760_thumb.jpg

They had a great time visiting inside, and even had a poetry reading....

post-6-1253577802_thumb.jpg

Of course, Emma very much enjoyed meeting with the children. Because many people came over to meet Emma, everyone had their children as well, and I think quite a few of them have attempted to hire her as a governess, LOL!

post-6-1253577835_thumb.jpg

More pix in my gallery...