Neighbors driveway/carport over my property line

Just One More

I'm lucky here. My neighbors are old and nosy,(THEY WILL INTODUCE THEMSELVES TO PEOPLE AT MY DOOR, AND ASK WHO THEY ARE) but I like them, they're nice and always ask if they can help us. Since they know and see everything, I sorta feel safer having them there, LOL

I'm happy you are building the fence.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear the fence will help the situation for you. As Robert Frost says, "Good fences make good neighbors." :)

We're blessed with great neighbors. When I went to them to say we were having a fence installed, I asked if it was agreeable with them that it go in the same place as the current ugly wire fence. Both said yes, although one neighbor says she thought when the wire fence went in it was about 3 or 4 inches over onto her property. She also volunteered that we could take out two small trees that were on her property up against the fence that would have caused difficulty in installing the new one. And both neighbors said they didn't mind the workers and equipment coming onto their property as needed during the installation. They're out cheering on the workers along with us. :)

I had chain link and decided to put up a privacy fence. All neighbors agreed. One wasn't happy because she liked to look at my yard, but offered to pay for half (I refused). It took some time to get used to but now I love it and recommend privacy fences to everyone. It is so nice to work and play in the yard and not have neighbors staring. I also don't have to look at all their ugly pools.

If you have a fence (here anyway) and you share the cost, you can't do anything with it unless they agree (change it out, take it down).

You can't even put up a fence here, unless the neighbor agrees to it, don't matter who pays. You need their permission to even get the permit before you start or it's money wasted! You can't add to or alter an existing fence either-the city can make you take it down if the guy next door don't like it.

I like Wolfie's ideas. . . .

I may borrow some. . . .

Seriously, I HATE my neighbors. . . .

I don't want to be rude, but who throws chocolate rusty nailed boards ect, at the pond, the dog. The jump the fence to play in our yard and sit by the pond and drink beer, shall I go on? You think locks on the gate would help. . . Nope, the keep kinking the fence with a ball. . . . There is one neighbor who parks his two buses in front of our house. There is couple who drive over our lawn. People train there dogs to pee on the fire hiderent on our lawn, Its strangely green Anyways

Grrrrr. :flowers:

We are not mean, I swear. . . .

You have the the worst neighbors I've ever heard of. Total yahoos. How do you stand it? By comparison, mine is just a self centered SOB. He's moving to Georgia. Some poor soul there will have to deal with him and his superiority complex. The kind of problems you have with your neighbors is anyone's worst nightmare. The two busses out front I definitely could not tolerate. Is that even legal? Then again, people who would do that don't know the meaning of the word or care. A psychiatrist told me once everyone is capable of murder if pushed to the brink. No wonder.

Corwin, put a sign on the lawn that says "MY MOTHER IS A WOLF WITH LONG SHARP TEETH!!!!! KEEP OUT! TREASPASSERS WILL BE SHOT!!!!! SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!!!!!" That may keep them away! I can't believe the nerve of those people!

:flowers: It could be worse, last house we lived in a neighbor put in a window, so it looked right into our yard, she liked our yard, oh and the vegetables, the fruit the flours and. . .Etc. I hated that town but at least I had decent neighbors, some what...

You have the the worst neighbors I've ever heard of. Total yahoos. How do you stand it? By comparison, mine is just a self centered SOB. He's moving to Georgia. Some poor soul there will have to deal with him and his superiority complex.

Somebody needs to fill that yahoo in that down south "He needed killin'" is an acceptable defense. Well not really, but it sure seems that way sometimes.

Sorry your experience has been so bad. A fence is a lovely thing. I have a huge tall fence around most of my yard with huge plants on the rest. I need never see the insane folks next door. That makes me happy :-)

Wow, I'm some kind of lucky after reading some of these horror stories. My backyard, and those of my neighbors are large enough that privacy fences really aren't necessary. A drag when I have to bring out the mower (I need one of those mowers that move by themselves!) Or oooooh, a riding mower!! Dream on....

Actually, I'm probably the annoying neighbor where I am. This is the first year I've really gone all out to make the flower beds look good. Usually I just let whatever flowers and herbs are going to come back run amok. However, I'm particularly sensitive to one side. Unlike the other houses on our road, the one next to mine was built at an angle because there is a slight curve in the road (so it almost appears as if my driveway is part of their backyard when their actual backyard extends along the other corner of their house). I finally got to planting flowers in the planter on that side, which usually just has a rusted wagon wheel left by the previous owners. I know I'd hate to look at an empty flowerbox, let alone our junky cars while relaxing on my back porch!

My neighbors also have a service come out to mulch and prune - too much moolah for me! But with the help of my brother and his wife, the yard looks awesome now. My neighbor's spent yesterday evening walking around their house surveying what flowers to add!

When I introduce myself to new neighbours, I always ask them to please let me know before they do any digging on their property. I tell them that, having lived here for nearly 30 years, I can't always remember where all the bodies are buried. I find that the neighbours are usually very respectful.

-Susanne

glad everythings settled

Rules are strange...

one of the ones we have is that garbage cannot be on the curb before 6pm. i think that ones stupid.

Here when someone new joins the neighborhood, we all walk over taking goodies and introduce ourselves. The new people are told about the town and where things are. Phone numbers are exchanged, and they are invited to our holiday parties if they don't leave town during the holidays. Because we all live with the rules and regulations of Hitler's Home Owner's Association, there are usually no problems. Barking dogs are very welcome....if a dog is barking, there is usually a reason - bear, coyote, lion, something. When one barks hysterically, they all bark hysterically. Barking is a good thing. Other than that, it's really quiet here and fairly peaceful. The only reporting that is done is if someone fires off a gun here. That does make people nervous. Or the smell of smoke. Fire season is approaching. Newcomers need to be on the reverse 9-1-1 call list. They are also shown and told about the fire escape routes here. We all work together here.