Homemade aquarium

justmesue

This is a hand-made aquarium by Lord Jim. He is retiring and selling his stuff on Ebay. This aquarium he sent me as part of a grab bag, was so cute, when I figured out how he made it, I just had to share with all of you. This is very easy to make, and I think it looks pretty real. It's a tic-tac box, with the lid filled with plants and dirt, and the back has water and little fish drawn by hand, glued to it. The base is just a little block of wood, much like a child's block. Take a look. I will be making my own designs for sure!

Very interesting.!! I will have to pick up some tic tacs this weekend and try a fish tank.!!

Also, For the little fish in the aquarium... there is some on the plastic bottle of the hand soaps... there is an ocean scene on the label... maybe you could cut them out and put them in a fish tank... I will have to try this.. but I think it could possibly be done.!!

kellee

I like the way he did the aquarium. I haven't seen them done "upright", before. :wub:

We made some in mini club a couple of years ago - I'll try attaching a pic of mine. It's done with the container on it's side, and a false side wall cut from acetate to fill in the open top. I made the fish from Fimo.

post-750-1234588345_thumb.jpg