Determined...

Connor's Mom

OK...well my dh had to go away for the holidays. So I brought it back out almost 2 weeks ago and it seemed I had lost my mojo! I wanted to work on it, but never had the time or was too tired.

I got a generous GC for HBS for Christmas, and I bought all kinds of new tools, yet nothing. Well I have had it...I am getting to work!

I have some gaps to fill, my wiring diagram, starting to electrify, putting my Chrsynbon sewing kit together, and making some poly food and flowers. I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while!

SO I have caught up on all the posts since before Christmas, and I am here stating my plan...so I WILL start....right?? :photo:

Welcome back! I have kinda been in a slump too! With my dizziness from my ears I can't seem to get motivated to do anything so I have sat here on the computer, typing away on this forum and also buying all the furnishings and lights to go in my house. So now that I have everything I had better get with it. I wanted to today but my dh had other plans for us so I can't go get all dirty and covered in dust. So hopefully Thursday!

OK, everybody, line up & let's all kickstart Michelle! Start on in, Michelle, and do the twiddly, mindless stuff and let it progress from there. If I lived close enough I'd come over for play days at least once a week. I wish I lived closer to Peggi, we'd have finished her Van Buren by now!

Great to see you back! Yeah, I know all about those slumps and needing a jumpstart. What I do when I need a little motivation is just keep refreshing the page with the random 5 photos. Usually after a few minutes, something pops into my head and I have to jump up and try it.

Congrats getting going with the mini-ing again! (It's a word now, LOL) I find sometimes I plunk down infront of the puter, come to the forum, get the dropsies, and before I know it, it's too late to do anything to my houses. So I know how easy it is to get sidetracked and caught up in other things!

I am in a slump too.. you are not alone.!! My main problem right now is that I am trying to declutter the basement so I can have room to work on my houses.!! and display them!!

I need to declutter alot and set it up so it is usable ..... I have been thinking of making a area for my Finished Heritage in the basement which currently resides in the dining room.... and bringing up one of the houses that needs rehabbed.!! If I was to do that I could lift it over to the dining table when I want to work on it, and it would be starring me in the face all day long..!! Eventually I would want to work on it.!!

Everyone complimets me on the Heritage... so I like it where it is... but I really need to get the others started.!!

I keep making bigger messes in the basement.. I get it looking half way decent and then decide to declutter an area and then it turns out a total mess.!!

Maybe we could motivate each other.!!

Kellee

I need to declutter a lot and set it up so it is usable .....

I keep making bigger messes in the basement.. I get it looking half way decent and then decide to declutter an area and then it turns out a total mess.!!

I can totally understand this. I have three children, so between the 5 of us there doesn't seem anyway to keep the clutter down in all areas at once. Cleaning up one area just means more clutter in another one. Right now, my dh stuff is spread over all three floors of the house, as there is not enough room yet in any one spot to keep it all in. Maybe someday...