HBS

nuttiwebgal

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa, a woman can never have to many shoes, or to many dollhouses.

So VERY true! :D

Yes, Ernie does this every April :lol: I'm working on an order!

What a great thing! Beacon Hill...here I come!!!! :D

<wiping a tear from my eye> That was beautiful.

Deb

LOL!!!!!! You are SO FUNNY!!!!!

Well, I finally got my catalog and the winners of this years contest did Great! I wish they posted pictures of all entries on there site so we can see how imaginative people got.

:lol:

Well if you finally got your catalog maybe there's still a chance I'll get mine. I'm kinda bummed about HBS - I haven't gotten any of their email fliers for months and months and no catalog with coupon yet. :lol: I know they're trying to work out the email problem.. and I know my mail tends to run late which is entirely the post office and not HBS (the folks at HBS have been wonderful).. but I wanna play too :D Heck I'm just glad to hear this is a yearly thing - if I miss it this year maybe I can hit it next year and buy a big kit heheheh :D

-David

I think we all need another kit. Let's declare an international "buy a new kit" day! Oh heck, let's declare a whole bunch of them! :D We can start with April 3rd and that 50% off sale and go from there.

Deb

This works for me ! :D

Still no catalog here, but I do have the media code written down so I'll be ready right after work on the third! Only problem I have now is making a *final* decision on which dollhouse to get...

So far I've decided I'm definitely getting the Willow. Then I decided, no - no - no - go for the gusto and get the front-opening montgomery. Then I decided nah, I can get that one next time, get the Beacon Hill - because the photo's of everyone else's Beacon Hill are so inspiring and I want to make a beautiful house like that too! After determining that the Beacon Hill was absolutely, positively my final choice, I of course looked through my old catalog again and started wondering where in my house I might fit the Queen Anne II! At this point my brain was screaming at me "no - you cannot spend that much money on a dollhouse when you are still just a beginner". But of course, my practical side spoke up in my defense and declared "We'll use the credit card then!"

And still, I haven't decided... Probably what will happen is between now and the third I will make a *final* choice several more times - and then on the third make an impulse decision!

While looking at all the different choices online last night, my husband said "you're getting a little obsessive about this dollhouse thing, Lisa". Without missing a beat I told him "yeah, I realize that, but we aren't going to examine that too closely, now are we?" :lol:

-

While looking at all the different choices online last night, my husband said "you're getting a little obsessive about this dollhouse thing, Lisa". Without missing a beat I told him "yeah, I realize that, but we aren't going to examine that too closely, now are we?" :D

Lisa -

Obsessive isn't in the vocabulary of a miniaturist collector! We collect ... we don't obsess. Collectors collect ... obsessers obsess. Collect is an active verb while obsess is an inactive verb. Collectors take action.

Susanne

Lisa -

Obsessive isn't in the vocabulary of a miniaturist collector! We collect ... we don't obsess. Collectors collect ... obsessers obsess. Collect is an active verb while obsess is an inactive verb. Collectors take action.

Susanne

Well there you go! I'm not obsessive after all, I'm just a budding collector who is working on acquiring an extensive collection! :D

Lisa

Lisa -

Now you've got it! Go for it. Build the best darned collection of miniature doll houses! And April 3rd - 50% of HBS Miniatures is a great kick off date. My credit card is dying to jump out of my wallet!! I'm reassuring it right now ... soon .... less than 2 weeks.

Susanne

I also am waiting for the 3rd sooo eagerly!

Im definatly am going to buy myself another micro house!

I have such an addiction to these little houses!

now if I could only decide which I want!

nutti :D

The third, the third, we're all waiting for the third. I wonder if HBS Miniatures can feel the rising excitement!

I hope that my March 10th order arrives soon with my new catalogue. I love fingering the pages while I make my choices.

LOL :D

Susanne

Any suggestions to luring the FedEx delivery guy to my house? Maybe I could set a thermos of hot coffee and some fresh baked chocolate chip cookes (real sized - not mini) on my front stoop. Perhaps a table with a comfy chair (afghan thrown over the back), real tablecloth, centerpiece. Kind of like doing a mini-scene only in real life, with real food and coffee? Do you think that would make him come? Or maybe I could put on my fancy high heels, twirl around three times, and click my heels together? Oh wait, that would just take me back to Kansas, and I'm not from Kansas. I don't even have a little dog named Toto. Just a cat with a pink sweater (matches his pink nose). Any other suggestions?

Susanne

Hi Kristen -

HBS is HBS Miniatures. They have an internet site miniatures.com and they also send out catalogues, have nifty contests, and good sales.

The catalogue that some have received and some of us are waiting for, has pictures of contest entry winners. We're also discussing a sale that is being advertised for 50% off of one item on April 3rd.

Susanne

David, I'm pretty sure someone posted the code on this thread somewhere....so you CAN play too!!!

Well shoot I should have read the beginning of the thread closer :D - You're right and Thanks! :lol: Found it and wrote it down! :lol: Now I just have one other question for you all. I looked through the catalog I have to see if I could find the answer but couldn't. Maybe its on the hbs site and I over looked it <?> - if an item is on sale and you use the coupon.. is it 50% off the original price or 50% off the sale price? Yep you know me - cheap cheap cheap :D

And Kristen send for a catalog - I think you'll love HBS. :lol:

-David

ok...yes....def. a stupid question!!! I even have the catalog!!!! Now that is BAD!!!!! can we say I'm brain dead... :D:) but thanks for the smack upside the head :D:) and what contest pictures??? since i'm obviously a bit DUH...I may just be blind as well :lol::)

mumblemumble ihaven'treceivedmycatalogyet mumblemumble.

I not only want to finger all the pages for the next thirteen days, picking out the house I want, but I want to see the winners of last year's contest too.

and what contest pictures??? since i'm obviously a bit DUH...I may just be blind as well :D:)

The contest pictures are only in the new catalog. I havn't got one yet either, but me better half has, and it does say one per member, which we both are. Besides I've given Ernie a fair bit of business in the recent past and plan more, got some ideas cooking. I'm thinking the RGT Lighthouse (75 bones at half price) and the lightkeepers house (only 50) would be a fun build. I'm thinking you could go to town with weathering.

The washer is going in the Tennyson which will be a depression era orphanage. I already have the stove and frig to match. I got them at a mini shop that was closing for half price. I wish I had know about the shop sooner. She did not advertise she had minis until she was closing and then complained she had no business!

The washer is going in the Tennyson which will be a depression era orphanage. I already have the stove and frig to match. I got them at a mini shop that was closing for half price. I wish I had know about the shop sooner. She did not advertise she had minis until she was closing and then complained she had no business!

may not have made much of a difference, Dancey's in Vegas (Judy, the owner is on the Miniature Collector panel of experts-a really nice lady BTW, we used to go there weekly when we lived in Laughlin) survives mostly because they sell a helluva lot of radio controlled stuff. Mostly cars, it's really big. They do have a huge selection of dollhouse and miniature stuff, as well as a great selection of tools. And they're really helpful. VERY HIGHLY recommended if you're in that neighbourhood. There are a few things I miss about that time, Dancey's and Hobbytown USA are a couple of them.