HBS

nuttiwebgal

I think I accidently threw away the catalogue with the coupons on the back...oopsie, I have so many of those HBS catalogues...anyways had to email them for the media code and date of 50% off sale. Nice man emailed me back in a few hours with the code. Ive got my eye on the round porcelain shower with shower curtain.

BTW , hi there everyone, Im not really new , but havent been here forever so had to re-register. This is a great group, loved looking at the contest pictures. How often do you all do the group projects?

http://community.webshots.com/user/dollhousediva

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a wish list a HBS. I am not sure we will be able to order anything this year. Darrell and I are still figguring our finances out right now, His college daughter got hit by an idenity scam atm card making theif. Aparrently somewhere in Canada someone made a card and figgured out her pin number and cleaned the account out, then withdrew more so we found out about it when the overdraft notice appeared. This account is sharred with Darrell and she uses it to pay rent and tuition with.We are in the progress of straightning this mess out. She did not make the charges as she was taking finals at college in California, no where near Canada.

If I can place an order we may get the 144 Beacon Hill, Garfield. or Gothic mansion.There has to be a way to electryfy 144 scale houses. I sure wish the 50% was off the entire order rather then the highest priced item.

Melissa

Melissa- How tragic that your family has been a victim of id theft. I hope they catch the person who did it and throw the book at him/her. You probably already know this but be sure and contact the 3 main credit bureaus to let them put an alert on your account. I've heard that once this happens it can be very hard to get everything straighten out.

I've not decided yet, what I will try to get, I also like the Harrison, but may wait till next year. So I'll keep looking and decide later. LOL

Thanks Anne,

I see you have the shower I want ! Your work is very nice too. Love that bathroom with the wall mural, very cool. I have one in my Westville bath,a wall mural, but I dont have a picture of that wall, I'll have to take one. Its a picture of a lady bathing, talking on the phone, really cute.

chat with you later,

~Karin

Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear that your family has been a victim of ID theft and I also hope they catch the person who did it very soon - although I know most of them get never caught!!! ;)

Karin, can't wait to see pictures of your wall mural! =) I love mini bathrooms! There is such a lot of beautiful accessoiries and furniture to buy for 1:12 bathrooms. I would love to make another bathroom for my dollhouse - I know, 3 bathrooms - not very realistic! ;-) Do you mean the glass shower of my main bathroom? I love this piece! Although it's a bit filigree. But I love the look of it! (I love everything concerning the early 20th century... <_< )

Okay I have squandered an hour here reading this thread (among others) now how am I gonna work on my house at all if you folks keep luring me away??

I didnt even notice the half off coupon til you guys mentioned it. Now I have been through my catalog like 30 times and I cant decide. Definetely a new kit but oh which one...

There has to be a way to electryfy 144 scale houses
Grain of rice bulb & indirect lighting?

Okay I have squandered an hour here reading this thread (among others) now how am I gonna work on my house at all if you folks keep luring me away

You read this whilst glue/ paint dries <_<

For a 1/144th I'd be thinking LED's. Smaller than GOW or GOR bulbs and last essentially forever, so replacing them won't be a worry, unless you keep you house lit 24/7, then I think they last something like 5 years. They've taken the modelling scene by storm, people can seal them inside a model and finish the seam and not worry about their lights dying.

For a 1/144th I'd be thinking LED's. Smaller than GOW or GOR bulbs and last essentially forever, so replacing them won't be a worry, unless you keep you house lit 24/7, then I think they last something like 5 years. They've taken the modelling scene by storm, people can seal them inside a model and finish the seam and not worry about their lights dying.

I probably should be starting a new topic to ask this but how hard is it to learn to wire and use LED lights? I've heard thay're really great but heck - I'm still learning about 12v lighting

-David