Does Greenleaf still sell Dura Craft Dollhouses?

doxielady1508

You should contact the seller to let them know. Some don't really know anything about dollhouses to properly describe them or even know when the kits not complete. The sellers I've dealt with want to make their customers happy. You should let them know. :jumping:

I would most certainly let the seller know that the item was not described properly, and that you are not happy with the purchase. I've had problems in the past, and the seller refunded the full purchase price. You can also report the listing to Ebay, if after contacting the seller, a suitable agreement for compensation has not been reached. It really is not fair that you should be stuck with a dud. Occasionally the sellers, sell stuff for other folks, and are not aware of problems, unless the buyer informs them of such. My Orchid was one of these houses, supposedly new, but became a rehab job. I got a partial refund after sending pics of the problems with the kit, and went on to be able to build the house anyway, by making a few of my own parts.

Dura-Craft was a completely separate company from Greenleaf, and made a totally different type of dollhouse, construction system, etc; they tried switching from wood to MDF for their kits to reduce their costs, but didn't pass the savings along to their customers and they eventually went bottoms up. The kits that are available are overstocks that people were able to pick up CHEAP. I have built two Dura-Craft kits and have one more in the box for "some day", but I far prefer to build Greenleaf or Corona Concepts, both the actual building process AND the finished product are far superior.

Just to be fair, Duracraft had a few really nice dollhouse kits, and some that were quite child-like. But they were a separate company and did go belly-up. I wish I still had my Heritage....but it met a terrible end when a drunk/druggie tripped over it and fell on top of it and smashed it flatter that one of the houses that the big bad wolf in the three little pigs blew down....... Too bad. The Heritage was a lovely dollhouse!

There is a store on ebay that sells parts that can be used to replace dura-craft parts. I have purchased from them for a old house that I have. I believe they have a website as well. I do not have a link but the name of the store is Manchester Dollhouse and Wood Works.

You should be able to do a search for them. Hope this can help. :lol:

I haven't filed a dispute yet, as I am waiting first to see how the seller is going to handle this problem. 5 full-sized wooden sheets are missing, plus 2 that are only half there, the redwood shakes are gone and 9 sheets of the furniture. This seller has a store in Tueson and his feedback was only 5, as he just started selling. He'll have to reinburse the price of the house, plus the cost of the shipping. I really wanted to build this house. If the main floor would had been there in the box, I would keep it, but that is gone. What a bummer. I love all the trim that came with it and that looks like it is all there, altho I never counted it. Maybe I can buy the trim..hehe Well, I will just have to wait until he emails me and lets me know what is what.

I'll keep you gals posted :lol:

Thanks for all of your input.

Barb

Oh How I LOVE the Heritage! Those Gothic styled windows are Awesome. Sorry you are missing parts since they are so hard to find now that Dura Craft is no longer in business. Hope the seller work with you!

Just to say again, just as Wendy & Holly, mentioned, Greenleaf NEVER was affiliated with Dura Craft.

If you can't find the parts, maybe use a scroll saw to cut out matching pieces. If you don't have one already, they're @ a hundred bucks at Home Depot. I think Wolfie has one and named it Fluffy. I got one last spring when I was working on the spring fling (and NEVER finished). I don't know how to use it yet, but once you figure it out, you can make anything with it--furniture, dollhouses, trim, ANYTHING. Might be an idea that will pay for itself. This was actually my HUSBAND's idea, but I know that he's right on this one. I think the only thing that would top that would be a laser cutter.

I had the exact same thing happen to me - obviously someone had partially constructed it and had got as far as putting the walls up. I purchased replacement mouldings from Manchester Dollhouse on Ebay and they're really good. I have figured out many of the dimensions for the walls, now I just need to try to figure out the base/floor pieces. That's the hard part. I hope it works out for you. If you need some help, perhaps I can help you.

The seller finally contacted me and told me to send the house back if I was unhappy with it. Appartently, he was unaware that the kit was incomplete. I emailed him back and said I wanted my money back for the kit plus shipping before I returned it. Now, I am just waiting for his answer....again. I was thinking the same thing, Shannon, but don't quite know how to go about making two bottom floor pieces that would splice together, but still very tempting...lol...I'd really love to keep this house, but the bottom floor is stumping me. Thanks for your imput.

Yes, I did pay thru PP, but I think I am going to keep it now. Many of you said how much you loved your Heritage and I can improvise somehow for the missing parts. I think I'll use foamcore for the main floor. That should work, right? The hardwood veneer flooring should stick to it, right? I'll keep you posted and probably post some pictures of my working on it. (I just hate to part with all of the moulding, flooring and trim and I really like the swing out windows, etc).

Thanks for everyone's input!!

Barb

Barbara, my Dura-Craft Cambridge floor was in two sections (originally) that had to be spliced, the splice was a piece of wood 2"wide & the length of the edges that fit together. After I dry-fit the floor to the foundation and glued the foundation together I drew a line 1" from the splice edge on the down side of the floor and ran a bead of glue aong the splice edge and butted the floor pieces together, rightside down, and smeared glue all over one side of the splice and laid it along the line I drew so it was centered over the "seam" and laid a stack of old Nursing textbooks on top of it for a day or two, and when it was dry that puppy was TOGETHER.

Thanks Holly for the info. I guess I'll be using 1/4th " foam core for the bottom floor as there isn't any floor in the kit. That should work tho...I'm hoping. I just hope the hardwood flooring will stick to it, but it shouldn't be a problem. I had to glue the foam core together too in the middle, but it is stuck for good...

Barb

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have a Dura-craft kit- the San Francisan SF-550 which I planned to put into this weekend's ( 6/27) garage sale. All but 5 pieces are there, the 5 missing are the Tower corner post, 5-91, 19 1/2" long- these are wood channel pcs that have a 45degree angle cut to the opposite side.

If any one knows how to get these parts or something that would work like this channel part, I am happy to sell this kit or if someone wants it for the parts for another project, let me know!

I was hoping to put this out for sale, with a note on how to get parts. Now understand, the company is out of business. Guess I should not have procrastinated so long. Got this kit from my sister for my daughter, at the time was 5, now just 20 years old! :hug: