Chicago Mini-Show

MiniMadWoman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Tracy for sharing, wish I was in the picture and at the workshops with you.

How many kit boxtops do we send in to get an apron like that?

Ditto that!!!

How many kit boxtops do we send in to get an apron like that?

<ears perking up at that suggestion> <blazing off to the studio> <running back breathless with scissors in one hand and boxtops in the other> Okay, I've got 7 Greenleaf/Corona boxtops. Will that get me an apron?

Deb

Hmm, I have a cunning plan (okay the Black Adder fans will get that one). How about Greenleaf Apparel? Like the aprons, if you're into that. also good for cooking. T-shirts. You know Starship Modeler did that, mainly for the forum fans. Starship Modeler did that, what they have great success in is Lapel pins. They're nice enamelled pins, I grabbed one this year since it's the 10th Anniversary. Just a thought.

I have been trying to Get them to make T-shirts for a couple of years. I bought Aprons at Michaels and transfer paper and used the Greenleaf logo (Dean of course approved my doing it LOL) and I made them. Lynette made us Tote bags with the greenleaf logo and dollhouses on them. I have to download a picture of it because it is cute as ever.

More pictures are coming soon. We all had a Blast. Wait to you see the pictures. We were a roudy bunch and even Rik said we were an Ambitous group this year LOL. The three of us got prett darn far (Much further than some in the class) so we were the testers to see if the roof fit and things like that. Everyone in the class did an awesome job. It's amazing how everyone really let there personality show through in there projects. There were some people who take the class with me every year and sheesh, there were so many classes that I wish I could be at 3 places at the same time and take them all.

The Grand opening is tomorrow night and I can't WAIT to get there. Hubby stayed home with the kids and he painted the entire house, fixed the water damage in the wall that we had. All we need to do now is fix the hardwood floors and we are ready to sell.

I am sure we are gonna have Greenleaf apearal one day. I am just not sure when :) .

Hey, don't we all have an Anniversary of the forum coming up soon? ;)

well we left earlier than we wanted to this am...poor nutti had to get home.

I was tired and legs all swollen but I had a smile on my face!

can we say fun time had by all!!!

wowzers!

and of course Miss swap goddess and her partner in crime purt near finished the whole project but for the painting!

we tried but we just couldnt do it...but we did get pretty far. Im looking forward to finishing it when Im back on my feet in a couple of weeks.

yall Tracy is a total sweetie and Linda and Jimmy will keep ya in stitches!

it was the best time!

we yacked and we worked! 8am - 9pm with 2 breaks for eating....on wed we worked till 11pm

oh my and we ate wonderful food in the evenings!

and the show!!!

it was out of this world!

I met Helen Cottrel and Alice Zinn and LadyBug and bought too many goodies!

actually I bought mainly kits! you know me I like to do things myself!

when I have more time I will take a photo of all my goodies.

for my first show I was a bit overwhemled. and now that Im home Im sittin here wishing I would have bought this or that! lol

post-9-1143955002_thumb.jpg

this is us and our projects at the end of class! we were the only ones who got our roofs on! and but for the roof I do believe those Cullens got all their paper clay done! :p

yall stay after Dean for them Aprons...Tracy made ours and they sure came in handy!

we wore them out to eat one night and had a couple people ask about them...free advertisment for our favorite houses!

good to be home!

nutti :)

sounds like soooo much fun, especially all the way over here in the UK. one of my friends has gone over for the show ! so a bit jealous here, but in a nice way.

please do write all of those who went, we neeed to know what workshops you did, what you saw, what you bouhgt, even what you had to eat, it sounds like our BMW weekend over here, but in a much bigger scale !

who are the peeps in the photo by the way(don't forget to say what your user names are too), ya'll look so happy

who are the peeps in the photo by the way

from L to R looks like Jimmy & Linda [JNCCullen & LPCullen], Tracy [My Mini Shop]with the huge grin and Lynette (nuttiwebgal) & Dean [Nutti's husband, not Dean of the forum].

I'm SO glad y'all had fun, but I'm also glad you got to meet two of my favorite people, nutti; I only know Alice & Helen over the internet, but they are both really sweet internet friends.

It was Wonderful to meet everyone in Person. Lynette & her husband Dean were so sweet and Funny. But Linda & Jimmie really takes the cake when it comes to funny! They kept the class moving right along too. Jimmie was always ready to help and Linda was always ready to let him help everyone else which is Great!

We all had a lot of fun together. I enjoyed our dinners & lunching too. I left my camera at a resturant yesterday and just got back from picking it up. I was having a fit when I found it missing :). I am so glad to have it back. NOW, I can post pictures again once I download them.

Talk to you all later. Lynette's tote bags are WONDERFUL too. I will take pictures and post it here too! I am glad you all made it home safe!

It was Wonderful to meet everyone in Person. Lynette & her husband Dean were so sweet and Funny. But Linda & Jimmie really takes the cake when it comes to funny! They kept the class moving right along too. Jimmie was always ready to help and Linda was always ready to let him help everyone else which is Great!

We all had a lot of fun together.

Ditto! Tracy handled Jimmy quite well [Jimmy is a very aggravating prankster on occasion], which was funny. BTW Tracy, Jimmy says to quit trying to turn him into a girl, that Jimmy with an "ie" on the end turns him into a woman, LOL!

Whaddya mean I was always ready to let Jimmy help everyone else? Don't you know it keeps him out of my hair? LOL! Yep, except for the paperclaying of the roof sections, we are done with the paperclay. And don't you know he tried to claim the lighthouse like he did the water mill house? Everybody was laughing over that one.

Nutti is also a hoot--her name does indeed fit her perfectly, and her husband Dean has a funny funny dry wit to him! I really enjoyed meeting all in person and was very sad when it was over. It was a very grueling class though, and we were so slammed with the class and then the show that the only thing we saw of Chicago was the hotel!

Glad to see y'all didn't mention us closing the bar down, LOL! Found us a couple other southerners up there, and we were busy teaching everyone to say "allright" southern style. Nutti had a good ole time/laugh out of my southern drawl.

sounds like soooo much fun, especially all the way over here in the UK. so a bit jealous here, but in a nice way.

please do write all of those who went, we neeed to know what workshops you did, what you saw, what you bouhgt, even what you had to eat, it sounds like our BMW weekend over here, but in a much bigger scale !

Me, too :lol:

I'm so glad to hear that you guys had so much fun and that you got this wonderful opportunity to get together. Not only get together, but to spend the time building a mini lighthouse! Life doesn't get much better. I'm so looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your stories. Wish I could have been there.

Mini hugs

Susanne

Thanks Nutti and Tracy for sharing your pictures. Will love to hear all the stories and look forward to seeing you finish your houses. Glad everyone had a good time and enjoyed meeting each other.

I'm so glad to hear that you guys had so much fun and that you got this wonderful opportunity to get together. Not only get together, but to spend the time building a mini lighthouse! Life doesn't get much better. I'm so looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your stories. Wish I could have been there.

Mini hugs

Susanne

I wish you could have been there too Susanne! The class was wonderful, the show was wonderful, but for me meeting Tracey and Nutti and Dean was more wonderful!

spending 5 days with DH and no children... $$$$

taking a Rik Pierce Class...$$$$

meeting and making mini memories with friends...priceless

one funny thing happened to my sweet Hubby soon after we arrived.

he took me to our room and went to collect our luggage

soon my cellphone rang...I was in little girls room

tried to call back I couldnt get hinm as he was calling me

when I did get through he is like yelling in exastpiration.....why dont you open the door?

Im out here pounding on it! I ask...why not use your key? he yells its not working...I still hear no knocking

so I open door....yup you guessed it DH no where in sight...so I ask where are you?

at our door! Im like well Im in the hall and you are not here.

OH H%##! what room are we in? he was at the wrong room pounding on door....he was very happy no one called security!

other than that our trip was full of class and food and visiting!

can I say one more time....I HAD A BALL!!

nutti :lol:

Welcome back home everyone! :lol: So you all had a great time! :lol: Can't wait to see more pictures too. Wish I could have been there... but Chicago is a bit too far away for me... :(

Rik is very personable.

a down to earth type who is very excited about what he does and sharing his talents.

you could not take a class from a nicer guy!

nutti :lol:

Nutti, am so glad you all had fun. Ladybug is a hoot, isn't she? I have conversed with Alice via chat & the internet, and she is funny too. Really talented ladies, both of them. Helen has a sense of humor that doesn't stop.

Your projects look wonderful, it sounds like a great class.

Hi There everyone, I ust posted SOME of my purchases in my album Tom Bishop 2006

I found a lot of neat items. I also posted most of the people information so you can contact them if you need to. Rik and his wife Marcia are wonderful people. I had so much fun this year at the show & during class. I will post class pictures soon too. I wish I could meet EVERYONE here from the forum. I think that would be totally fun!