can you help me ID this house?

firemansgirl

This is not my pic but my rehab house looks just like it. I was searchin the web looking for my house then one day I decided to look through the gallery here and finally I found it. It looks like this pic. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=16534

I found it in Shaci's gallery

Thanks for your help

Denie

I browsed through the Duracraft posts, and found a house by texasbuilder that is listed as the Madison. It does indeed appear to be the same house, with a little different trim and a porch. Also, it's worth a try to check the name on Ebay. There were quite a few Duracrft house kits listed this week.

Wolfie I know the name dosen't matter but it sure makes it eaiser to find pictures of it so I know what it is sapposed to look like. That way I can rebuild some of the features like the porch roof. mine is missing part of that roof and some of the porch railing it's also missing the railing at the top of the steps. So at least I can go to that guy on ebay and pick out parts to go with it and I'll know where they go.

Let me tell you the story of this house my neighbor found this house in some ones trash one day while taking her morning walk around the neighborhood she hauled it home and it sat in the driveway for months. Through the rain and summer heat and all. My kids would go over there and play with it without funiture even my 2 yrold son would sit there and play. It was so cute. So i decided I would buy the Laurel to build for my girls and the willow to build for me. So I ordered them and then asked her If I could buy this house from her. She told me I could have it but I gave her $10. For it anyway so there wouldn't be any hard feelings. And I've been working on redoing it for about a month now. I think this one will hold up to my daughters well.

I would love to know how old this house is.

Denise

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Bayberry is coming along I've got the outside painted pink with dark purple trim (thats what my daughter wanted) I've replaced the door and most of the trim is back on. I need to figure out how to rebuild part on the porch roof that is missing and put the railings back on. The wall paper on the second floor is done. I still need to do the first floor wall paper and flooring. I need to rebuild the parts of the base. I also need to put the windows back in after they get a fresh coat of paint and re glued I had to replace on and am still debating on replacing them all. Wow that sounds like a lot. It's really starting to come together.

The Laurel is coming along too right now it's glued together without the roof waiting for paint. I can't decide whether to paint it now or wait till after I give it too my daughter for Christmas bear. Hopefully I'll have some pictures soon.

Denise

• 3 months later...

I just checked Craig's List as a whim & saw this house newly listed right up the road from me. I contacted the lady & we made a deal, so we RAN up & got it !! I got the house, barn & a huge box of furniture & parts all for $45. It will need a good bit of work to rehab, but I think it will be worth it.

Any idea what house this is ?? It looks similar to the Woodstock. The lady said it is at least 25-30 years old.

Steve in PA

Steve, it looks like you made a GREAT deal on this find, pea green with envy but I know you will share loads of pics with the rest of us, right?!?

Hugs

Thanks for the help, you guys. Anna...The problem is that I have 3 projects ahead of this one & I need a place to store it until I can get to it ! But it was such a great deal, I couldn't pass on it ! I really liked the barn. They said that they got it at an auction & it looks home made.

Steve in PA