Newby from Kansas

Treedydi

Hi, I'm Trish from Kansas. I'm very much an amateur to all this and will probably seek much advice from all of you experts. Hope you don't get tired of all my questions. :fish1: I've never blogged or forumed either. :wub:

Hi Trish! :fish1:

Don't worry. I just started two weekds ago. Everybody bedns over backward with all sorts of helpful advice. They've done kitbashing and many, many houses - there's not much that somebody doesn't already know or have some good ideas.

I have family in Emporia. Granpa built a house when he was 75 in Olpe. He watched me building my Harrison, and commented that he wished it was life sized (I think for the ease of building.)

Cruise the different torums and don't be shy.

Hello Trish - welcome to the group! :giggle:

Don't worry about being new to all this - take your time, and you will soon be very comfortable here. I've never blogged - ever! The Greenleaf forum is a friendly, family-style place, and everyone loves to help each other. It took me a while to feel like I knew my way around - every now and again I learn something new about the setup, and that is always interesting!

Do you have a dollhouse, or any miniatures yet?

Thanks for the continued welcomes. I do have a couple of dollhouses. I have an Orchid that I have finished constructing, a Buttercup in the box, and am currently working on a rescued, early 80's Harrison. I really don't have alot of miniatures. I purchased the Greenleaf furniture kits for the Orchid because they are sturdy and it was made for my grand-daughter. The Harrison came with a box of broken bits and pieces. Mostly they have been House of Minitures and part of a Realife livingroom. I have spent many hours on E-bay trying to figure out what parts go with what pieces by looking at the pictures. I also spent a lot of time drooling over the stuff that I can't have. If everyone else would stop bidding I would probably be well stocked. :p

Belated welcome to the forum family, Trish. I'm an old newbie, retired & tend to travel a lot with DH (latest trip news will appear in Chit Chat eventually!). Fortunately you have a bit of a wait before you can blog (is it 50 posts? I don't remember; go read your new member welcome from Dean, I think there's info or a link there). I only blog when I do a Team Build, I post how-tos with my album pictures.

• 2 weeks later...