Hello, from Maryland

cmille

Hi all...after finding a book about dollhouse miniatures at the thrift store, I recently became inspired to try it for myself. I have been reading these boards for a few weeks and have read some great tips and ideas.

My first kit was just delivered. I purchased the Laurel. I am so excited to get started. I am sure that I will have a ton of questions as I do along.

Carly

Welcome to the forum family, Carly. We're very glad you're here. I rehabbed a Laurel that was missing so much and in such horrible shape it took me a couple of days to figure out which house it was. I made an album to show what a wreck it was and what I had to make & build for it, and it was an easy little house to put back together. Lucky you to have a whole kit!

:wub: Welcome to the neighborhood!

I've eyed the Laurel with envy because of its value for the price. Everytime I'm in the Hobby Lobby I have to fight the urge to buy the Orchid with my 40% off coupon. Its an adiction! I have three kits waiting in the wings while I rehab the Pierce, and I want MORE!

I have collected a small reference library (okay, maybe the pun was Freudian) over the years and have a portion of the city library's as well (I let them have them back on a part time basis).

Personally I like hot glue. You just have to keep an Xacto knife and a burning candle to slice away the excess glue! :fish1:

Lynette

Personally I like hot glue. You just have to keep an Xacto knife and a burning candle to slice away the excess glue!
Lynette, can we have your houses when the hot glue finally goes all brittle & they start to fall apart?

• 2 weeks later...