New from VT

Hello all!

I have been in love with miniatures since I was a small child. I received my first dollhouse in the form of a Greenleaf Chantilly house kit when I was a young child in the mid-90's. I am 24 now and have pulled my old friend out of the shadows and cobwebs of storage where it has been for the past 10 years. It was my first and only dollhouse and I have great ideas to remodel it and do all of the fine details like moulding and electrical work that i was unable to do as a child. I found this forum and decided to join to share my adventures with other enthusiasts. I believe that miniatures are in no way only intended as playthings for small children, but can be a lifetime hobby for all who have the imagination. I am extremely crafty and good with a low budget. I am working on getting a Visual Arts degree and hope this project will help keep my sanity intact between hitting the books! I can't wait to get started on this HUGE project even if it takes me the next 5 years. I want to take lots of pictures, hear what everyone thinks, and even hopefully give my own advice.

So nice meeting you all and I look forward to any and all adventures!

Hi Marie, and welcome to the group! :yes:

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing some good ideas re: minis on a budget. This forum is full of like-minded members, and it's a real thrill to learn a new way to "make something from nothing". I hope you have a good browse around the various topics and galleries. There's so much to see and learn here!

• 5 weeks later...