Hello and In need of Glencroft Instructions Please

wilabea94

Hello from NH! My daughter received the Glencroft kit a few years ago, but was too young to take on the project (even with my help). I started with the base, realized how overwhelming the project would be and we packed it away for a while, moved, and I've now unpacked it since she's ready to start the project. But I realize that I must have packed the instructions separate from the box! Can any one scan and post the instructions for this house? I'd appreciate it. I checked the downloads area of the site, but they haven't been posted yet. And for some reason, I have the warm up instructions already....

Thanks much.

Yvette

Welcome, Yvette! The Glencroft is one of my very favorite houses, and I hope you'll share pictures of your build. You can oreder a new set of instructions from GL, but I'm sure someone could supply you with a set; I'd send you mine, but they've gone to someone else.

If you click on Greenleaf there in the upper left corner, it will take you to their store. Look down the left side for a link to the customer service folks -- and for a very small fee, under $10, they'll send out a new set of Glencroft instructions. That might be easier than trying to get them faxed or scanned.. The Greenleaf folks are very quick..you'll be building in no time.

The Glencroft is on my wish list. ONE of these days I'll get him, and fall in love with that charming staircase! :blink:

Welcome to the forum, Yvette! :gathering: This is a great place to be when starting a dh build. Everyone is very helpful, friendly and creative. I've learnt so much since joining - not the least of which is that there is always a solution to any mini problem! :welcome:

After years of yearning for the Glencroft - I love Tudor houses! - I finally have a kit. (It was a generous thank you from a friend.) I haven't even opened the box yet - but if you haven't already arranged to get the instructions from Greenleaf, I'll ask my DH to scan them for me. (I'm techno-challenged.) He won't be home for a few hours yet, so you may not want to wait. PM me with your email address if you don't mind the delay.

One thing you should know from the beginning - do not, repeat, DO NOT use hot glue on your build!

Hello back to everyone.

This is my daughter's house -- she'll be turning 12 in October but received it a few years ago from her grandmother, and then she was too young; we tried and she just got frustrated--- Soooo since it's her house, I am trying to not take over things like decor choice. I have to satisfy myself with virtual decorating and building in the Sims2....

She did receive some furniture with the gift, victorian, a dining set and bedroom, so we'll see how that goes together with what she decides.

And we'll definitely post pictures! It will help keep us motivated to finish the project.

Yvette

Yvette, she will want a little help getting the second floor & divider wall together, and there's some tricky bits with the stairs and the end wall I vaguely remember Tracy pointing out for me. The Building Team blogged the Glencroft, so there's some info there, and of course you can also ask questions.

One wee caveat, I started out helping DH build a dollhouse for DGD#1...

:blink: Have you got your instructions yet? I was looking at them a few hours ago. The Glencroft if my next personal project. (The Pierce rehab is an effort to raise a little cash so I can build my studio in the back yard. The Duracraft Farmhouse is my niece's Christmas present).

I pulled out the pieces for the doors and trim to start sanding, sealing, painting and assembling them. (I'm not starting a new project. Really! I'm just having a small sample to tide me over while I deal with these other projects.)

I saw the Glencroft at the fair and fell in love. I decided to give my cumbersome Harrison to my next oldest niece for her birthday and go with its (the Harrison) smaller sibling!

Lynette

• 1 month later...