Finished the Orchid-

rbytsdy

Hi folks, I have finished my Orchid-- I hate to use the word "finished" but it is in a box now, packed, peanuted and pillowed (even saran-wrapped) to within an inch of its life, so there is no other word for it. Here are some pics, more in my gallery:

On Monday, it will be posted to the niece of a friend. All the furniture pieces have been bubbled and wrapped and secured inside the house; I hope it gets there OK, or I might have to pack my tacky glue and take a road trip...!

Thinking back and looking over all my build pics, I guess I put alot more work into this house than I realized, especially with those bricks... (I can't give enough kudos to LPCullen for her wonderful Orchid bricking tutorial, by the way.) Thanks to all of you for your kind words in my gallery along the way! Now it's back to the Beacon Hill bannisters...

Wow! Thanks for linking to that brick tutorial! I think I finally found a brick tut that I can understand! :) I'm going to try that for sure! I'll start with something simple..and do it on my Washington Chimney...

Your Orchid is amazing--and this is coming from someone who just got one--my best friend and I worked on it together and I absolutely love it. So did you have more fun building it or decorating it? Anyway--it is perfection. Congratulations on your masterpiece and congrats to the lucky little recipient!

Your Orchid is amazing!! Congrats on finishing it - you did a beautiful job! What a lucky girl your friend's niece is.

Hope my Orchid turns out half that nice (we have not been the best of friends over these last several months :jawdrop: :( )

Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing pic's with us!

Chris