Hi There!

Hello!

I'm a new member of Greenleaf and I'm very excited to purchase my first dollhouse. I'm new to building dollhouses but had one when I was younger, and now I'm ready to build one of my own!

Any help or suggestions about Do's & Don'ts of dollhouse kit building would be greatly appreciated and I will continue to check the forum for help along the way.

:)

Liz

I just purchased the Westville! I have many plans for the designs and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my dollhouse! Once it arrives, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask. Thanks to everyone for being so kind!

:jumping: to the group you'll like it here there are so many beautiful houses to browse through and the people here are very nice :) . One thing that I'd suggest getting to help you in building your dollhouse is a bunch of masking tape white(home depot has a six-pack of tape), white glue (Elmer's,Aileen's tacky are some that I use.), and an empty clorox bottle and some sand ( you put the sand in the bottle and it becomes a weight.) I hope this helps. Have fun here and don't be afraid to ask alot of questions. :cheer:

Welcome, Elizabeth, to the "little" family. Old nursing school textbooks also make terrific weights, as do paint cans(make sure the lids are hammered back down tight first, and DON'T ask how I came up with that suggestion! Do ask questions, we love to try to answer them.

! My Westville arrived today!

My daughter and I are so excited to begin our project! We began searching for paint ideas and had questions about which brands/finishes that work best. Any suggestions would be welcome, THANKS!

:]

2v1sndv.jpg

At behr.com you can get little samples that are perfect for dollhouses. The samples come with little trays and rollers which are awesome($6.95 ea. for 8 oz. ) Also under the "inspiriation" tab you can find paints for different eras. As far as to what kind of paint to use I think that you're supposed to use a flat latex but I don't remember. Hope this helps.