Not New just re-surfaced

judithfa

Hello All, :bigwink:

I have not posted on this forum in a real dog’s age – family stuff caused a long just drifting along. Somehow, my enthusiasm for building houses took a back seat.

Now that another spring is (hopefully) about to come, I am hoping to be inspired. In the past I have not been negligent in building. I scratch build or buy kits and bash them. I have built nine houses-- three of them are Greenleaf-- for my collection. I have built another scratch build and another Greenleaf on commission.

I work in 1:12 scale and sometimes my fingers are not even happy with this scale!

Anyway, I am back.

:banana:

<doing the Happy Dance!> Hurrah! Judith is back! Whoever was wanting to build the Foxhall, check hers out, it is GORGEOUS! Judith was my inspiration for wanting to bash two Willowcrests together, but since I only have one I gues when I build it I'll have to be content with bashing it as is. I do intend to bash two Faifields together, now that I'm dipping my fingers into 1:24 scale.

So whatcha working on now? Did you finish your Westville bash?

Hi Heidi,

I will be going to the Danbury show and my sister thinks she will come also, but I certainly will be there. I have been to a couple of these Danbury shows years ago when they used to be jammed and I think that this one will be jammed also. It certainly is going to have a lot of venders.

I, too, am making a list of the items I want to buy (saw some great stuff at the October show) and which vendors and in what order.

The weather doesn't sound too good for Sunday (I hear talk of snow) and the parking lot is not that large. On previous packed years, we have had problems finding parking spots.

As for meeting, I think it would be good to get into the show and then look for each other as we look at the show -- sort of overlapping seeing, buying, and meeting.

We also could exchange cell phone numbers so that if we have trouble finding each other, we can just "call for help"

Anyway, this sounds like a lot of fun :wave:

:lol:

Hi Judith,

My name is Melissa and I just joined this wonderful mini community a week ago. I was delighted to see that you are from Stamford. I was born and raised in Stamford, and although I don't live there anymore, I commute to work there every day. I've been doing minis since the late seventies, but put everything on hold for several years because of family, career, house, etc. I started working on my one and only dollhouse about 2 years ago. I love it! My only disappointment is that many mini shops have closed and it's hard to find people that share this interest. I'll be going to the mini show in Danbury next Sunday, and plan to meet Dawn and Heidi. I would like to meet you too if you're going. Melissa

La Malacontenta - my Thornhill bash- is just about completed -- a bunch of odds and ends, pictures, etc, and the landscaping has yet to be done ... but at least my litle people can live in comfort in the meantime. :)

It is on --

http://community.webshots.com/user/irismarch2

That's cute Holly, you remembered the cake columns -- can't build a house without them!

And yes, housewarming bash went well and the cook recovered (of course, I needed a week off!)

:fish1:

I was going to use my cake columns in the atrium and they didn't fit, so they'll go in the "scratch-built Craftsman, if I ever get a round tuit. Meanwhile I found different cake columns to use elsewhere (not yet, still trying to figure how I'll bash that Willowcrest bigger, when I finally get to it). You have definitely influenced my bashing tendencies!lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Nathaniel

Cake Columns! What a good Idea!!! I am going to pick some up today to use in one of my houses, maybe even my Thornhill (if I get it) like Judith did!!!

-Nathaniel :wave: